Threading the loop

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by bitefiends, Dec 12, 2021.

1. bitefiends Elder

Hi doing threading the loop task in Maidens Eye which is a shared task, however after doing the first hail a pair of slavers pop for each person in the group, so I am getting 8 mobs all at once
    I am hoping that this is not intended and is a bug.

Ta
    code-zero, minimind, Piflet and 2 others like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I suspect that what you are actually seeing is that when another group fails the mission the 2 adds do not despawn. Then when you get to that step they all agro. Try moving to a /pick.
  3. Gialana Augur

This wasn't my experience. We had 5 players and a healer merc. The one with the merc might not have been nearby when the tank did the hail. Two mobs came and tank grabbed them both and quickly died. Tank was rezzed, and 2 more spawned for a total of 4. Group evacced, and that step eventually failed. After rebuffing and waiting for rez sickness, we went back and didn't see any adds. When we got close, 2 spawned (or came to attack us). We mezzed 1 and killed 1. After the first one died, 2 more spawned. When we killed a second one, there weren't additional spawns.

So we experienced wonkiness, but not the same thing as the first post.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

We got 4 each wave. EQresource says there should be 2. I agree with Svann that there is some sort of despawn on failure bug, or maybe the quest is staying active or something. The last partisan in the zone has a similar issue.
  5. bitefiends Elder

Hi thank you for the responses I was only group in that area and they just kept coming from the water causing a failure as they killed the quest npc....and the group
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

When my group did it, we got 2 extra spawns on the first ambush, which we handled without problem. The rest of the task went smoothly and we finished it. But, for the rest of the night while we were doing all of the other tasks, we saw a constant spam fest of failure messages for that task. While running my rogue around looking for shinies, I saw a ton of failure messages as well.
  7. bitefiends Elder

Hi so I went back and got one killed then, like other posters, I got a second wave but no more after those then the rest of the task went as it should do and got it completed.
  8. bombyx Journeyman

failure this quest again, We have 4 players and 2 mercy, 4 slavers spawn at once, and then another 4 add later, we failure and try again, 4 spawns at once and 4 more add. But I got 2 spawn at once only before with 3 players in group.
  9. German Augur

Had a person die, rezzed them, two more popped. Its buggy.
  10. Drakang Augur

Have had better luck about not getting extras by balancing them and killing at the same time. But in several runs we did get multiple adds on the first hail. So yes its buggy.
  11. Piflet New Member

I also had this happen, if someone dies then gets rezzed it spawned more.
  12. bombyx Journeyman

Seem that It has a spawn timer for add. I got 2 add without death before. (yes, my group got killed after the add come.)