ToL Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micker, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Micker Augur

Is there an NDA for the beta? Was just wanting to know some basics, like what the new H/M/E was on the group/raid gear and any other interesting info(pet power etc), if any beta person wants to answer. Trying to see if I want to pre order or now.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

No NDA.

I would not base a purchase on new H/M/E numbers but that is your decision. I base it on whether I want to explore new content with my friends. But to each their own.
    Nennius and Shindius like this.
  3. Micker Augur

I don't base it on that. I just wanted to see if I should sell any current equipment now, before the influx of super inflated armor etc, come pouring in lol. Just curious of the upgrades they are putting in. Why hasn't anyone started a thread about the new expansion yet?
  4. Tren Journeyman

These numbers are what I found without logging in to beta, so it may not be 100 percent spot on:

Group Warrior BP is AC 1102 HP 9371 End 8479
    Group SK BP is AC 1102 HP 9282 Mana 8568 End 8568

Raid Warrior BP is AC 1476 HP 12888 End 11661
    Raid SK BP is AC 1476 HP 12765 Mana 11784 End 11784

Hope these help.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't logged into beta, but I have seen some screenshots...
    CoV endowed gear has almost as much HME as ToL raid tier1, But ToL raid tier1 has more heroics.

Seems the HME jump is quite small this time around.
  6. Micker Augur

Ahh good to hear, Thanks! Didn't want to have to go through needing to upgrade everything again. I guess they figured that the level increase would sell the expansion, usually the second expansion without a level increase, seems to have a bigger jump in stats.
  7. Alnitak Augur

If your character wears the full set of CoV raid ore-made gear, then ToL gear will be a very small upgrade indeed.
    However for other characters, for eaxample alts, group dropped ToL gear is rough equivalent to ToV raid gear will be an upgrade even comparing to CoV T3 group gear. Weapons have better ratio, more heroics etc.
    Although, that was a pattern in last several expansions, Level-bump Tier 1 group gear is somewhat similar to previous level-bump expansion raid gear. ToL T1 group = ToV raid, ToV T1 group = RoS raid, etc. Weapons and special items are somewhat better though.