Revenue Idea for DPG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I've been trying to get them to sell a $5 one time purchase to buy a self click to your guild banner from anywhere (like a fellowship token in essence). the cash from sales of that item alone would likely be exponential to the time / money spent in creating it, as I'd personally buy one for every raid toon i operate, as would pretty much everybody in my guild.

i have a cornucopia of one time purchase ideas, but that one's my favourite atm. ;)
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Interesting thought. As I understand it, the stock that the Packers sell to their fans confers no voting rights or any ability to influence team decisions. This article offers an interesting take on the current sale.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/green-bay-packers-stock-scam-nfl

Now to DBG and EQ. EQ is not a football team and it is a very different business model. IF they were to sell stock, what would that mean for the stockholder? In the case of the Packers it is an ego boost of sorts perhaps for the buyer, but it doesn't give you the chance to guide the franchise in any meaningful way. With Daybreak Games would it be any different?
    minimind likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just because you say something is stock, doesn't mean it is.

The idea is kinda silly with all the NFT stuff (old man in me would call it crap) and the digital assets Daybreak holds. Far more money in those than fake stock.
    Nennius and Khat_Nip like this.