Returning, What server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AeHaze, Nov 27, 2021.

1. AeHaze Journeyman

All my Selo characters were moved to Povar. Logged in and the server seemed pretty dead, Not much on the Bazaar or anything. Would it be better off to start fresh on a server like FV? My characters on Povar are raid geared, have epic 2.0s, And have platinum to work with. FV would be a FRESH start.

So I guess what Im really asking how is the server pop on Povar comparatively speaking to others. And is it worth starting fresh for the higher pops.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Move your characters to Xegony, Bristlebane, or Luclin.
    Yinla, Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  3. AeHaze Journeyman

Why those servers over FV?
  4. Raytan Augur

I'm on Povar currently. It's probably not the most active server, but I don't think it's very bad. I guess a lot may depend on friends and guild. Triton is probably the most active guild doing current content as far as I know (and I think a fairly well known guild), but there are a couple other guilds fairly active and regularly raiding and recruiting.

I'm not currently a member of the bigger guilds on Povar, but I think you could ask them for a try. Maybe you already have, I don't know. Povar does have active guilds, but no, not the biggest server. I've not raided current content in many years, but I do hear guilds recruiting in General.

Good luck.
  5. Marton Augur

I'm guessing he listed those servers because they have higher population. I would also add Cazic to that list.

Personally I see nothing wrong with starting fresh on FV; can buy almost anything in baz, they have several raid guilds there if you wish to raid or just take it easy and hang out with folks.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

FV, a lot of people pass down gear through the guild banks too.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

By avoiding FV, I've probably saved money in RL. I'm not interested in instant gratification via a heavy market.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Good news, you can farm your own gear then trade or donate your unused gear to other players.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I transfered all my chars from bristle to FV and dont regret it at all great server. By the way making pp is easy on fv not sure why so many people dont like fv some almost hate it. Im guessing they think its a pay to win server! But its a fun server.

Andarriel
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Luclin and Xegony have the 2 biggest non-raid guilds in the game if you need help grouping or with stuff, those will be your most likely bets. Both servers have top 10 raid guilds as well (Xegony being #1 & arguably #2 although Cazic currently holds that rank according to elite gamer's lounge.) so when you are ready to move up, you don't have to move servers right away.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

They are all decently populated servers with fairly strong economies. And you can still transfer off those servers if you decide later. Once you're stuck on FV you are really stuck as you can't transfer back off.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The majority of players transfered to Bertox before the servers merged, so if your looking for old friends you will more than likely find them there.

I'd go with one of the 3 Metanis mentioned personally, unless your european then it has to be AB.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Some of the veteran devs play anonymously on Luclin Server. Not that it matters. lol.
  14. Magickon Augur

If you want to play in the live era, most things being tradable on FV is really great. I play on one of the new TLP's that has tradable loot, and it just makes everything so much easier. For example, if you want to play a different class, if you have items that are usable by the other class you just send it to them in parcel or shared bank and you're all set! And if you have things that are not usable by the new class, you might be able to trade them for other stuff.
  15. atchoom Lorekeeper

playing in FV i SAVED a lot of RL money , and i am not interested in instant gratification via a heavy market .
    you can play in FV the same way you play in other servers, but you do it 50 % faster .
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How do you save money?

1. Transferring to FV is a one-way ticket.

2. FV's economy is highly inflated. Theoretically, I can convert the platinum to Kronos before transferring but I'll burn through the plat/Krono to acquire items.

3. If you want the latest and greatest gear (at the outset), you'll have to compete with demand. The laws of demand does not change.

I'm not knocking on FV. It's a popular server but it's not for everyone.

Interestingly, some FV players seem to be the most vocal about high cosmetic prices on the forums. Could it be that there is alot of competition for cosmetics (illusions, mounts) there or are they affected by levels of gratification?
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You don't have to spend any platinum or Kronos on items. You can just farm stuff like nearly everyone does and then just sell or trade what you don't need.

People just throw a bunch of stuff constantly into guild banks or beg to give away gear in some cases to just free up bag space. I was dropping 8/8 Snowbound & Icebound sets, and all the other non-visible gear at the small bank in PoK.