Payment options

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranor, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Ranor Lorekeeper

I have a friend that used to live in Europe And set up everquest to accept Euros as payment. They have now moved to the US And their account will not accept US credit cards for payment. They no longer have any European bank cards. I know it says there is no way of changing the currency on the account itself is there any options other than now using Kronos to pay for the monthly subscription?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Zunnoab, Wdor and Randomized like this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

It is or was possbile to pay with direct debit. They have to make sure that the used banking account has enough cash stored as it would lead to an account ban if the payment can not be delivered to DBG.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

When I changed countries I had to get support to update my account to the new country.
    Alternatively paypal works as well but really just contacting support and having them update the country is likely the best solution.
  5. bobokatt Augur

This!
    I had to send an email to support for my accounts. They asked me the secret questions and then they changed the country and it worked for buying the new expansion.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I had no issues adding my Canadian CC to buy SC but could NOT buy the new expansion till I contacted support and had them update the country when I moved.
    Shindius and Bigstomp like this.
  6. Ranor Lorekeeper

Thanks for the help everyone but as far as Paypal is concerned it can't be used for monthly subscriptions. Only to do things like buying expansions etc.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

True, didn't think of the subscription thing. But get them to change the country and things should be good. Some sort of safety measure for them, if you're in CA, they want a CA credit card. If you're in US, they want a US credit card. And they don't let you change your country yourself.
    Ranor likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

If your account gets flagged as American (my ftp account did) and it gets flagged for 2fa you can’t even add your Canadian phone number you have to get support to flag it as Canadian.

I think this mostly this has to do with the taxes they have to they collect, I think it mostly became an issue when VAT was added.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Petition to get it changed, will need secret question answer and moble number to get a code. Andrew sorted a friend out when he switched countries.

It is usually done within a day, 2 at the most.