Crash when entering world on only ONE character.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Nov 17, 2021.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Thank you for reading.

When I try to log into other characters on this server they all log in fine, and are playable, but one of them it just crashes to desktop everytime. They are all on the same server.

The first time this happened like a few weeks ago, for some reason if i went into one of my other characters first then logged out and into the character that is now not working , it would let me in that way, and I have been doing that for like 3 weeks, but today it just wont do it at all.

Here are things I have tried already, that have not fixed it.
    Reset UI to default.
    Used Return Home from character select
    Tried UIs from other characters that do work
    Tried turning off firewall.
    Tried redownloading game
    Validated game assets from launcher.

Here is the info given after the crash. It doesnt always give me this info only sometimes after the crash. The other times just the game disappears and im at desktop.

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:eqgame.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:618e9afa
    Fault Module Name:ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version:6.1.7601.24354
    Fault Module Timestamp:5c3562bf
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:0002e4c3
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:a7aa
    Additional Information 2:a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
    Additional Information 3:a7aa
    Additional Information 4:a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

This is on Win7
  2. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

Did you try deleting all ini files with that toons namefrom your eq directory?
  3. Gialana Augur

If you are using a custom UI, you can also try checking the box for restoring the default UI that is located near the Enter World button.
  4. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Already did nothing changed.
  5. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

No I have not. Is that standard precedcure? Will try now.
  6. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

Its worked for me for years
  7. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Ok, thanks this worked. Now I have to insert each one and login, and find out which one is causing the issue. This should be fun. Thanks again.
  8. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Hey, I couldnt find an ini file at first so I deleted just everything having to do with that character. Thats why I said this is going to be fun cause there is like 12 . I have found the ini file now. In your experience is it always the .ini file that causes the issue? Will save me time if it does it in the future. It is the .ini file in the main folder that is causing it. Thanks
  9. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

There should be like 5 or 6 files that have the toons name I think 3 are bazaar/vendor settings 1 is hotkeys and other data. Do a search in your EQ directory for the toons name and delete all the files