LFG........Would you like to come to GE? " No thanks"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mcsleezy, Nov 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcsleezy Elder

Yea you are one of the many who refuse to come to my GE group and I still see you in LFG hours and hours later.

Meanwhile I'm banking AA.

I think it's funny how people get so angry and upset over this zone.

Really cracks me up.

And if anyone thinks that my leveling progress has been affected at all by people refusing my GE groups, think again, hasn't hindered me at all.

It's really very funny to me to watch how ridiculous people act over not wanting to come to a zone because "grey walls"..

Still not one legit reason why people don't want to go there.
  2. mcsleezy Elder

Key points : Bad players hate GE.

You are bad at the game and that's just it.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Remember when some random posted 7 different replies because they dont understand how forums work. That same person is moving goal posts to try to prove they're right.

GE and Velks both have 1 camp, Gate and OC/IC respectively. Ge is terrible because there is no good charm pet, the doors are bad, tons of the mobs cast dots, including snares and the size/distance of the pulls along with having to worry about plebs in other camps pulling for your area.

GE is accessible; you can invis through the entire place, its close to a hub (nexus) and is "okay" xp and even scrub tier groups can make it.

Velks is better xp.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  4. Corydon Augur

Agree. Let people go (or not) as they wish. I personally rarely go to GE because that zone bores the crap outta me. Velks however is my 2nd home by now. For whoever is still in doubt, Velks is far better XP per hour than GE but people might want a change from Velks as well from time to time ;)
  5. Nolrog Augur

Ran into this exact thing. Set up in GE South Cubby for a week, 10 days in a row. After that, it was like, let's go somewhere different, even if the XP isn't as good. So we have been bouncing around, Acrylia Caverns, Umbral Plains, some named in Kael, just for a change of pace.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I saw plenty of reasons seems you just didn't like them
    Appren and Meridian like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Perhaps their priorities are different and they play the game to enjoy themselves.

I had an SK turn down a group "Will I be pulling?", "Yes", "Then no thanks"

"Come to Dawnshroud" I may have responded once with "I'd rather Kermit"
  8. WokeCat Augur

It's not just that for me, every time I go to GE, people are literally stealing my pulls and even trying to just straight up move into my camp and start taking over. This has never happened to me in Velk's. I think this is because the camps are more separated, whereas with Cubby and Gate in GE, there's a lot more chance and opportunity for conflict.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'd rather pay 3-4 krono in Deep for the few essential AAs in Luclin and wait for real xp camps in PoP+.
    Tymeless, oldkracow and FranktheBank like this.
  10. Punchu Augur

lol @ pugs refusing griegs. Also lol @ giregs.
  11. WokeCat Augur

I never refused any group, but like, I actually see more people refuse Velk's over Grieg's, if I were to check the LFG right now I bet you would see someone stating Grieg's Only.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah, but I view this thread as a condemnation of the forum warriors who complain about not being able to find a group, or so they say.
  13. mcsleezy Elder

Ge can support 3 groups which never happens usually ends up being 2 groups, one doing the cubbies and one at gate.

Just did some calculations by the way here are my results:

Velks lvl 55 mob, 13k HP, killed in 1 min 40 solo 5.3% AA xp

GE lvl 55 mob 6.8k hp (almost half ) 3.7% AA xp killed in 55 seconds solo

multiply that by 2 and in the time it takes you to kill 1 velks mob and get 5.3% xp you can kill 2 GE mobs and get 7.4% xp.

It isn't even better xp!!

Also I'm sorry that you never had someone who can pull GE.

I can pull that place blindfolded and keep 1-2 mobs in camp at all times and NEVER run out of mobs.

Pulling in velks is actually harder because they are almost always 3 pulls or more, pulling the gargs from up top is more annoying than any pull in GE.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

This tells me about the garbage groups you are used to.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  15. Nottrix New Member

Maybe GE wasn't the problem, maybe they just didn't want to group with you? ;)
  16. Lemerian Elder

Gate GE mobs are 12-15k HP. I have no idea where you're getting 7K from but it's definitely not one of those.
  17. Tymeless Augur

There are plenty of things I can do that are more enjoyable than time spent in GE. So I rarely grouped there and would rather spend my time grading my students assignments while waiting for something more enjoyable to open up. Good news for me is I don't have to go there anymore as Mangler is way past this point.
  18. Iyacc Augur

There don't necessarily have to be what you would consider legit reasons to hate the zone. It's like me saying I don't like pickles and you can't understand why cause they are your favorite. No reason I give is going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mind and suddenly have me leaving pickles on my hamburger.

It could be any number of things, some might even be subconcious reasons. Maybe they got trained a few times and don't really remember it but just remember the general feeling of unhappiness associated with GE from years ago on a different server.

Sometimes there's just no understanding the other viewpoint. Especially when it's subjective and not something you can measure. There's too many differences in group makeup and too many reasons why some groups get better xp in one zone versus the other. Doesn't make them bad players or bad people, just be glad not everyone likes GE as much as you or their would be more competition for those gate groups.
    Tymeless likes this.
  19. ForumBoss Augur

The problem with luclin in general is that there are few camps with dark blue+ mobs. In GE, only the middle area qualifies, and can only support about 1.5 decent groups. Another thing that is unfortunate is that the gate groups typically dont pull the mobs north and south of them, but try to pull mobs between the cubby first, and get mad when other groups pull those, when they have dozens of mobs that are inside the gate area.
  20. Abundant Elder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.