ability to transfer characters from one account to another

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by yenwangweh, Aug 1, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not quite - "toons" are no longer sold on ebay but whole accounts and any item you want are sold elsewhere. This is not releasing any secret info. Use google.

And I agree with tanith, it does not take long at all. I made more new accounts once I saw the decline of the ability to do transfers so most of my characters are fully developed now from back then.

The old wrinkled ones are still on the original accounts but the new guys have all the perks from the anniversary perks and other giveaways over the years for themselves and no worry about heirloom etc.

And so I do not have to depend on transfers ever in the future I make one account for each character. Hey, they are free. Now and then I might slap a paid month on one or two.

But if it came up now, I would still make new accounts rather than transfer off the old account. After Jchan gave that firm NO then it put the nails in the coffin of this dead deal.
  2. Qelil Augur

Since I know this is technically possible and I believe it would initially easily pay for the costs to implement it as an automated system I am inclined to think this has nothing to do with technical problems at all. So where does that leave this then? I cannot say I know but I have long suspected that at some point it was decided account consolidations this feature makes possible posed some threat over the long term financially and so management decided to kill it.

Now, arguments could easily start over that being wrong because reasons or that being right because reasons but unfortunately nobody here knows any of the reasons from management's perspective. We know what we get told which seems shrouded in some mystery. The way I see it there is no good or comfortable way to spin a message to customers that this feature you want may cost us money ultimately so we won't be giving you that and actually we can't honestly say we are sorry either.

That of course is putting words into someone's mouth without all the facts they know but in fairness when you don't clearly and very specifically reveal the why of something it naturally calls into question whatever reason is given for lack of such an explanation.

Look at it this way. If it is technically possible (it is) and would pay for itself (it would) then what possible reason could there be for not doing it? There has to be one. A lot of people want this and they refuse to do it. Why? What is the real reason? I wouldn't be imagining conspiracy theories if somebody just came out and did the amazing, told the truth. I already know that won't be happening because it is an inconvenient truth to talk about. I wouldn't want to either.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Leerah Augur

If someone is silent, that's an invitation for us to put words in their mouth.
    If they don't like it, speak the heck up!

Qelil likes this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Bring back Recruit a Box and Account to Account transfers and make that $$$.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

:rolleyes: This again.

I could point out:
    -This was automated.
    -Then manual. why the change?
    -They stopped entirely. Why?
    -Along the way a company wide security compromise occured. What corporate level changes to private information database interaction were made?
    -Since this was done, in any form, times have changed, hardware has changed, software has changed, employees have changed, JChan's position has changed.

But none of that really matters:
    There is an explicit answer from JChan in an interview.

She acts like this is not even on the radar.

Whatever the reason (doo doo doooooo scary music flare) over the years this has completely dropped off the radar.

No matter how much everyone thinks it would make money.

They have many, many things that could 'make money', they choose (or are told by the bosses) not to do.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Mossaa Augur

It will make more money to not have the account to account transfer. Its that easy. Then again all the 999 claim items and bags +++ would need to be on the first account and not be movable with toon that moved
  7. Tual Augur

It used to be $50ish US iirc, I did a couple of moves way back, would love to have the option again.
  8. Gialana Augur

I think it was $25 for transferring a character to another account, $50 if you want to transfer both to another account and another server. But it might have been $50 and $100 respectively.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it was only $25 to transfer between accounts.. it's how I got my hubbies paladin off my account and on to his own a LONG time ago, and then within the year before they stopped, I moved my shaman off to another account and he started boxing her.
    Shindius and Leerah like this.