Hosting an Olympic Event

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Looter and Scooter, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Looter and Scooter New Member

I would like to host an Olympic Event on the Drinal Server and would like some advice from the Guides / GMs on how to conduct it and to see if it is legal?

I already have prizes picked out.
    1st: Tradeable ToL Token and Krono
    2nd: $60 prepaid Visa to get the expansion and order a pizza.
    3rd: $40 prepaid Visa for ordering the expansion (or whatever).
    4th: Krono

I have 2 events picked out. Would love a third event so I am opened to ideas.
    I need about 4-7 people at points during the race spamming Alcohol and making sure people drink up.
    Also, I would love help acquiring a few trophies for the event so that I can hand them out with the prizes. (GMs?)

Is this ok? I hope to have this event planned and completed on the 14th of November, 2021. Thank you for your words of wisdom and your support.

You can reach me on my main in person or EQ Email if you'd like to help or have tips.
    Lunaro Colonius
    Drinal
    Sprooce likes this.
  2. Wanuven Lorekeeper

I always had this fun idea of an Everquest naval battle. My idea involves making level 1 characters and running them to lake rathe or other zones with the small canoes you can captain. Now the captain cannot engage in combat, but you could fit a few additional characters with bows and arrows and they can go shoot at other ships. I’ve never tried it but the concept always appealed to me
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

A few years ago on my server the guides hosted a drunken race from Kaladim to some NPC in Kelethin. You had to roll a level 1 character, and they handed out stuff to make you drunk. They had pitstops along the way for more alcohol. Running up and through Kelethin was interesting drunk. At the end, the winner got awarded a title (I chose "the Beerserker" out of the two options they gave).

It is quite possible for you to host an event like this on your own using this format. I am not sure about the rules on giving away IRL stuff, but as for the event itself, it is very doable.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I remember a long time ago some guild was doing Fishing events
    gave prizes for the catch
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ahhh Ship to ship combat. Still on hold. :)
    Duder likes this.