New server idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 25, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Limited time (timeslot is 2 weeks before the ToL early access, and no longer available to join after a week after ToL is released)
    Must have bought ToL expansion, must have subscription/krono active, just to join, afterwards don't need a subscription.
    Players start at 115
    AA's is set to whatever the highest autogrant goes to.
    Start with level 1 gear (so nothing but a weapon)
    If the server merges not allowed to pick where you want to merge too.
    Normal ruleset.

Purpose is, Server is for targeted for those catchup/returning to EQ they want to play what's new with EQ.

I think this would be a good new server if they plan on making a new server. Sometimes having a deadline is the incentive too, hence deadline to be able to play on this server.

Having issues with people not buying the latest and greatest expansion? They too far behind, new expansion is worthless to them, they fine playing free content? This server solves that issue.

Expect many to play, so make sure server is ready for many.
  2. Tucoh Augur

test server.

also

[IMG]
    Duder, Shindius, Coagagin and 7 others like this.
  3. quakedragon Augur

Yes to people already playing, this is for those thinking about a return or want to try EQ. The ones that don't want to be on a TLP.

Theres millions of people playing MMORPG's, have to think about, the millions of people who play MMORPG's, not what current thousands of people already playing want in a new server.
  4. Jennre Band Leader

haha that dumpster gif made me lol
    Cicelee likes this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

You want to start a server, where everyone is level 115 and only has a weapon? Wait till you go fight something and get 1 rounded. You'll be back here screaming that the game is broken.

Wouldn't it be better, for such a server. If everyone was granted level appropriate gear? Kind of like a heroic character. The gear would be good enough where you start your journey without getting creamed by trash. Gear that's good enough where you and your starter group could fight and defeat a tier 1 named with a good effort. You'll get your gear upgrades this way so you can progress.

One thing about EQ, have patients. Learn to play your class. Starting off at level 115 and having no skill and literally no gear is not the way to go. I would imagine, most people here started at level 1 on our main and learned to play our class. You will not be the best you can be by having everything handed to you.
    Sissruukk, Duder, Shindius and 2 others like this.
  6. Randomized Augur

Just play the durned game and get to 115 on your own. Make friends, join a guild. It's not that complicated.

And a new server where you're max level with no gear and wouldn't be able to kill anything that would give you gear to kill what you need to kill is your bright idea? Heh...
    CatsPaws, Wdor and Eaedyilye like this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I can't wait to kill Zlandicar with my rusty short sword
    Shindius and Wdor like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is an interesting question actually, where would you gear up if everyone started as naked?
    OMM shrouded missions? or would it be possible to farm for conflagrant gear naked and go from there? Where would you start?

Casters would probably have an early advantage.
    Ozon and Wdor like this.
  9. FrozenWater Augur

Control issues much? In fact, the whole idea seems like a control / coping issue manifested. Why you gotta try and box everyone into such a little hole?
    Shindius likes this.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Just maybe, you would have a chance against a rat in COV Skyshrine. What fun that would be.
    Shindius and Wdor like this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Hurt Me Plenty Server:
    • Start at level 115 with AAs up to CoV
    • Choose one item and one tome/spell to spawn with. No plat or food or DBG cash or loyalty anything
    • Only CoV unlocked
    • Everything is nodrop, even plat
    • Earning Paragon achievement gets you a large amount of raid currency on a server of your choice, enough for a few pieces of gear.
    • Earning Paragon deletes your character so you don't carry others through
    Would still turn into a good krono farm for people who just sold the hard Paragon achievements, but would still be interesting. I'd definitely do it.
    Shindius likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you can't leave the CoV zones then you can't complete paragon, https://cov.eqresource.com/oneforyoutwoforme.php
    If you meant "CoV and earlier", then it could probably work. You would probably need to go back a few expansions to get a foundation of gear...before hitting CoV-quests.
    Shindius likes this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Grab a friend and use healer and tank mercs, ToV should be doable, just need to stay away from the AE mobs. Though your not really going to be able to do much with named.

Maybe better to blast through CotF progression for heroic AAs and some better gear and weapons. Augs from the vendors in Ethernere.

TDS early zones
    Frontier mountains (EoK)
    GMM
    TBL for dinjn illusion
    ToV early zones
    ToL early zones

Overseer for TS mats. Depending on if it comes with TS AAs.
    Shindius likes this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What's "ToL early access"?
    Duder, Celephane and Nennius like this.
  16. Windance Augur

How about a hard mode server. You die ... reroll your character.
  17. Merika Journeyman

I'd have fun personally with this.

They really should of made event servers more of a thing.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Full loot for people you've consented and open trade (FV style) and I'm in.
  19. Randomized Augur

So you and your buddies just keep killing each other and swapping gear on your way up? Would be a little abusable would it not? I mean, interesting concept...but i think it would need to be a bit different.

Perhaps 2 items. One from your character, and one from an inventory slot (not an entire bag, but a single item from within said bag if bag is in inventory slot) perhaps?
  20. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

How about everyone is level 1 with a rusty dagger and all mobs are level 115? That would be a challenge!