Hi there!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Abbyria, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Abbyria New Member

My first MMO was DAoC, so I missed this game. After 20 years of games getting worse and too hand-holdy, I am giving EQ the chance it deserves. I can't wait to meet y'all and if you have any recommendations for a newbie please let me know.
  2. Risiko Augur

There are what is called TLP servers. That stands for Time Locked Progression. These servers start with just the original EverQuest content available, and every so many months (determined for each server how long that is), they open the next expansions.

A TLP server will give you a much better experience of EverQuest over the years than a Live server if you are interested in that sort of thing. The best part is that you would get to learn how to play the game from scratch easier than being throne in to the deep end on a Live server.

They come out with a new TLP server about once every couple years. The two newest servers are Mischief and Thornblade.

I highly recommend starting on one of them.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Make a free character on any of "life" servers and learn game basics in the tutorial zone Gloomingdeep Mines. It will teach you game interface and questing in EQ. Stay there for 10 or so levels. Once you done with all the quests in there you'll be more informed and can make a desicion about which server to play on.
    Xyroff-cazic. and CatsPaws like this.