Fixed Internally Rizlona Yxtta AOC: Riddle instantly locked out.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Xanadas, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Graethos Journeyman

I like dentalplan's solution
    Duder likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

I haven't found it locked in open world the last 10 times I've gone in. Can we just permanently unlock it in aoc's like it seems to be in open world?
    Xanadas and Duder like this.
  3. Xanadas Augur

So primals popped in OW last night but the door was locked and the OW riddle was broken there, too. Clicking on the statues just gave an emote about a familiar aura, but nothing happened. No adds, no riddle, nothing. Is there anything about this event that actually works?

Also, when is the OP bug going to be fixed? We're a month into GOD and practically nobody has been able to kill primals.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Quickwind New Member

Just a note to those saying the door is unlocked in OW. The doors are always unlocked when no primals are up. So at least you can do quest turn in or hunt mobs for bic pieces if they're down.
  5. dentalplan lisa needs braces

From what I remember, it's possible for someone to screw up the riddle badly enough to actually lock everyone out in the open world for several hours, so that may be what happened.
  6. Machen New Member

As I said, basically always unlocked.
  7. Machen New Member

What I'm really getting at, is this. If the primals are almost always down in OW, so that it's never locked, and people are generally already in the cave waiting for them when they pop, so no one has to do the riddle OW. And if it's bugged in aoc so that no one can do it... Wouldn't it be better just to get rid of the riddle altogether?

I've done the riddle dozens of times when it actually works. I don't think my experience in EQ would be diminished any if I never had to do it again. And this from someone who generally wants all the content to be as it once was. If they could easily fix the riddle so it works in aoc's, great. If not, just jettison it.
    Duder likes this.
  8. FrozenWater Augur

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm not jumping down your throat, but I don't think slowly deleting EQ's history via a set of convenient bug fixes is the right way to go about this. I would really rather they just fix it properly.
  9. Machen New Member

I would too. And if they can do that and get it in this month's patch, great. Looks like they didn't though. I'd like to be able to actually access the content in the meanwhile.

Just to give some history, this same bug existed as far back as Ragefire and Phinigel. I don't know if they fixed it and it broke again, but this isn't a short term deal.
    FrozenWater likes this.
  10. Dailor Augur

Another current expansion that Aradune and Rizlona get to go through with broken content. Feeling the love, TONIGHT.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

What's you're point, exactly? Just because it was broken then, it doesn't make it ok that it is broken now. It's quite disappointing getting a small group of friends to small man content only to have it broken and unplayable the entire era.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

My point is that I want them to fix this asap by whatever means necessary. If that means just deleting the riddle for now and leaving the door unlocked, I am good with that, even though I usually prefer them to leave content as is and not to make changes on the TLP's.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Similar to the boats in classic, it's alright for them to say here "You know what, we can't fix this right away, let's give you translocators in the meanwhile..."
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Found the issue. This will be fixed in the next patch.
  15. Estalia Journeyman

Excellent, now any chance of of a patch before rizlona and ardune have oow unlocked?
  16. Quickwind New Member

Yeah, would be nice to get a hot patch or something like sooner rather than later to have a chance to do this before OOW.
  17. Xanadas Augur

Does the fix include a fix to the scenario where people exploit the script by intentionally failing it, locking the door and locking out all competition while they load in a COTH mage (or use other less-legit tactics) to get into the cave and have primals all to themselves?
  18. Duder Augur

The hot fix is working. Was able to do the riddle in a DZ tonight on Aradune. Thanks Ngreth!