Was there any warning given that COV would no longer be avaiable?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toviksan XIII, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toviksan XIII New Member

Teleport clickies. Heck, the new expansion sells a "teleport item keyring", now I can no longer purhcase the Teleport Clickies from previous expansions? Genius.

Having it on all 3 accounts would have helped move my 3-box around.
  2. demi Augur

for someone who is a returning player , you sound like someone who has been playing for years .. this is the norm when it comes to DPG ..

the sale this year was cut short by 3 weeks vs past years ..

so yes they did loose money , was it enough no prolly not .. they dont care ..

they are also forcing me to buy 2 ToL pre-orders ( which is fine) but thats all they will get from me for a year .. till ToL goes on sale .. I still have plenty to do (catch up) with TBL , ToV, and CoV .. and my Main 2 accounts will have ToL for new gear and lvls/AA .. then will just head back to past 3 expansions to play around with my other 4 accounts and alts and get them ready .

I like illusions so i bought the premium CoV while it was on sale .. however I do not like the metamorph or the illusion or the mounts that comes with ToL so I will not be buying the more expensive expansions next year .. so DPG lose's money this coming year with me ..
  3. nitrocutter Journeyman

When you do enjoy that next game, make sure to read all the marketing material and tweets so you don't mess up buying something there as well that you had ample notice about a month in advance.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Expansion teleports have not been special since The Darkened Sea's Brother Island Parrot Whistle and maybe Empires of Kunark's Frontier Mountains teleport or Ring of Scale's Skyfire Mountains teleport.

All of the expansion teleport locations from TBL to CoV are fairly accessible via Guild Hall portal or a wizard/druid. (In the case of TBL, the wishing lamp is a universal teleport).

The CoV expansion teleport sent you to the same druid ring as druid/wizard teleport and Guild Hall portal. (Some complained it should have been set to Western Wastes merchant area).

If you want a "free" expansion teleport, join a guild or get access to real estate with the placeable version.
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can still buy it. Costs like $35 and you get Terror of Luclin included.
    Cicelee likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not seeing it. It's not like CoV and ToL are competing products. I assume you're just guessing but I think your guess is off.
    Toviksan XIII likes this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s a fair point by the OP. The discount has an end date, but the item sale doesn’t show an expiration date.
    aozs and Nennius like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They just stopped selling one expansion because they started selling a new expansion that also includes the one they just stopped selling. Think of the complaints if people bought both CoV and ToL because they thought they needed to buy both to play the content when they just needed to buy ToL.
  9. Toviksan XIII New Member

I can see that. I'm also guessing that their team is trying to drive up the value (and price) of the virtual items they sell by making them more exclusive. In both cases I am 100% ok with it. But their failure to communicate the timeframes in which said virtual items will be sold is annoying from a customer perspective. I purchased them on 2 accounts and now cannot do so on the third. The communication said the 25% discount sale ends at that time; it does not say the items would not longer be sold. I get that the few remaining players who purchase every expansion understand this -- but I did not, and DB did not help me. #PoorCustomerExperience #AmbiguousCommunication
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re not much of a problem solver at work are you? All your replies are effectively things are the way they are and it’s not changing. It’s not a big request by a customer to know when a product when no longer be offered.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I mean...yea?

Come on the boards and start throwing fire as a "returning player" over what is, essentially, a better deal for you - and your feathers get ruffled because people are throwing some back? And somehow we're the bad guys?

Honestly, if this is your response when your viewpoint is challenged perhaps you should consider your position and presence. Tail of a statistic or not, I get the impression you've been in this situation before.

Good luck in Norrath...however long your stay may be.
  12. Raytan Augur

I purchased some CoV for a few accounts. I did it from the Market Place in game, so your experience may differ. There was a count down timer, like many other short term offerings they do (heritage crates, old expansions, etc.) I assumed at the end of the timer, the sale would be over. I didn't look on their web page, though I was diverted there to make the purchase, so simply assumed when the timer was done, the sale was done.

The web page may have made it sound different, but the Market Place, for me, was pretty clear with the clock down timer *shrug*.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Good point.

Or if your like me when the sale was first announced I made sticky notes and marked the calendar so I would not forget. Plus I was playing with some credit card billing cycles and one ended on the 10th so I had to get that last copy ordered after midnight to get into the next cycle lol

Its not up to the business to hold my hand.

If they have something I want then I take the time to read about it.

Although I did miss the announcement when Taco Bell took away the Enchrito or the Mexican Pizza. Now THAT's a bummer.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. aozs Augur

I don't know why anyone would argue that vague communication, context clues, or reliance on institutional knowledge is acceptable marketing. Customers shouldn't have to solve a puzzle or be "in the know" to figure out how to buy something.

It's such a simple, easy fix to add one sentence stating "CoV will no longer be available for purchase when the sale ends" to the marketing page.
    Pani likes this.
  15. Pani Augur

On the DB button in game, it shows Claws of Veeshan as being available to buy.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's a bug. Should be bug reported.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Lol, it’s not hand holding to communicate that a product will be discontinued. It would actually create a fear of missing out response from potential customers and drive up sales.

This is such basic marketing.
  18. Randomized Augur

You're the only one who is struggling with their communication of timeframes - they posted it, in multiple places, and it was up the entire time it was on sale.

Your poor management =/= their poor management. There is a difference.
  19. Toviksan XIII New Member

Yeah, ok.

The tweet says "Today's the final day to get Claws of Veeshan for 25% off. Don't miss out!". This indicates it will not be sold for 25% off after this date. This does not indicate that that product will no longer be available after this date. In fact, it suggests that it will be available after the date.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. It shows available in the DB button but is unavailable on the website. The last day of availability for COV was not effectively communicated – and it is still messed up as 2 days later. For those of you defending this poorly run operation, I ask why!? Do you not expect more of the game/business you support?!? Basic communication on product availability is not too much to ask. Perhaps you don't care if they sell more expansions but I know they do, and they need the feedback.

And if Daybreak is reading this: your insufficient attention to details led to a very upset customer.
  20. Randomized Augur

Scroll down and read the tweet for when it went on sale. "Claws of Veeshan is on sale from now until October 11th, 2021!" Ah shoot, damn the marketing team for communicating exactly when it would no longer be on sale. So that coupled with "today is the final day to get Claws of Veeshan for 25% off" do in fact indicate that the product will no longer be for sale after that date.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.