Was there any warning given that COV would no longer be avaiable?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toviksan XIII, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toviksan XIII New Member

Returning player here. I was saving up to buy the COV expansion (buying it across several accounts), I have the money as of today, but it was taken off the website(!?!?!?). Was there any warning given? I did not see one. I understand that I can buy TOL now -- and I had intended on doing so eventually -- but wanted to buy the expensive COV packs for the clickies. Now they're goine without warning?? Why revenue / marketing team? Is this what I get for planning and budgeting to spend MORE money with your company on virtual clickies?

Thanks,

An Annoyed (perhaps soon to be former again) Norrathian
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There was plenty of warning.

When the sale started, it said the sale went through 10/11. That was Monday.
    Tarvas, Shindius and Randomized like this.
  3. Toviksan XIII New Member

How do I know that means it will stop being sold at that point?
  4. Randomized Augur

There were tons of warnings. It was announced when the last day of the sale would be when it went on sale. Even on this very forum, on the right side of the page, there a scrolling section from Tweets, also mentioning back on September 14th when CoV went on sale that it would last until the 11th.

Then on the 11th, they posted another Tweet saying today was the last day.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Lots of warnings were given but they should really consider including expansion extra in their rotating marketplace sales. They're leaving money on the table otherwise
    Duder, Shindius, Skrab and 1 other person like this.
  6. Toviksan XIII New Member

The tweet says it is the last day of the sale, not the last day to buy it.

This is stupid from a business persepcetive, inconsiderate, and poor customer service.
  7. Slasher Augur

20 + years of how they do this aint warning enough ? They put it on sale for a month and when that sale ends it is no longer available. Its been like this for what 15 years ?
    Skuz and Nolrog like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

Simple math, DPG "revenue / marketing team" has calculated long time ago, that if they keep offering CoV (last expansion) while ToL (new coming expansion) goes for pre-order, than they lose more revenue comparing to if they stop offering CoV. Simple balance calculation, and your plan becomes a road-kill.

Also, CoV collector edition will go on sale a few years from today and some people who truly wanted to buy those clickies will still buy it (like it happened recently for VoA expansion packages).

Basically - tough luck for you, start fuming at your pleasure.
  9. Toviksan XIII New Member

1) As stated in the begining, I am a returning player.
    2) Even if they have been doing it for 15 years or 70 years, it is inconsiderate, poor customer service, unsatisfactory communication, and poor business revenue managment. They're removing product (and thus money I can spend with them) from the table without warning.
  10. Toviksan XIII New Member

Yeah, I get that. When their rollout has sub-par ambigious communication - if communicated at all - then plans become road-kill and they collect less money. Hence poor customer service and poor revenue management.

Yeah, I am already fuming at my pleasure. Read my fumes at your pleasure.
  11. Randomized Augur

Scroll down....
  12. Alnitak Augur

Just a reminder to fuming affictionados: once you fume too much over something what is clearly YOUR short-sightedness (yes, it was written many times in many places at many different times, that the current expansion stops beeing offered in the shop once the new expansion goes on pre-order), then YOU suddenly become one of those 0.27 % of the customers who are three-sigma outsiders and the principle "a customer is always right" stops being applied to YOU - YOU are not worth the troubles you are causing. No business plan allows for catering to 0.27% statistical "tails". 99.73% hit is good enough.
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have changed it from ordering CoV to pre-ordering ToL which at this point is a better deal. If you look at the pre-order page at the top where it lists the differences in the packages there is a note that pre-ordering ToL will give you access to all older expansions as soon as you pre-order it. Which means that it is a much better deal to pre-order ToL as you get the newest expansion in addition to all the previous ones and leaving both up which could cause players to buy both would be bad.
    Shindius, Mukkul and Toviksan XIII like this.
  14. Toviksan XIII New Member

Laughable. A paying customer details a poor experience and the acceptable response is "tough luck for you". Who wants to be a part of that team? Fewer and fewer players it seems.

This business continues to lose market share despite having nostalgic advantage and transition-costs advantage over its competitors. I'm not 3 sigmas from the mean, I'm within 1 sigma. I doubt my poor experience is either. The few customers who stick around, despite poor customer service, and understand the intricate details of DB's antiquated processes (I'm guessing you) are at the statistical tail.
  15. Toviksan XIII New Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I really wanted the clickies so I can move my party of 3 around together. I'm currently doing ROS content and wanted to move into TBL and Velius over the next year.
  16. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

The CoV clickies were... subpar. You're not missing anything. The personal teleport click took you to CS. The exact same place, in fact, that the guild click takes you. And the guild portal stone takes you. AND the druids and wizzies take you. All one spot. TBL wasn't any better with it's ports being almost on top of each other as far as guild click, personal click, guild hall stone, and standard zone in locations. At least the porters got to go somewhere else.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

RoS and TBL are currently free to play (i.e. don't need to buy the expansions). ToV will presumably go free to play soon after ToL comes out. That's at least two expansions worth of content for you while you wait to save up for CoV. The clickies, unfortunately, were not worth the extra cost. I suggest taking those extra $$$ and just buying the upcoming expansion.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Bye. Hope you enjoy the next game you play.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which clickys were you after the guild hall teleporter to CS ?
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The marketplace is so poorly run. Item rotation and addition is poor, heritage crates and LoN packs don’t even advertise what could be included in the rewards.
    Toviksan XIII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.