Not sure how to resolve this issue...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

I play on a laptop. I play two accounts on the laptop, a magician and a bard. Both toons have gone through all COV raids at least a dozen times.

On certain events, the magician lags out big time at the start of the event. Zlandicar, Tantor, Sontalak being the three worst offenders. On the bard, I experience very minimal to zero lag on any event.

On the magician, I have others spells filtered to a minimized window so that I can hear GINA triggers for alliance. On the bard, I have all other hits and spells and such off.

I have a belief that when we start Zlandicar and Sontalak, we burn right from the start. Which means everyone and their friends are spamming the minimized chat window with discs and AA and spells and stuff. While we do not burn Tantor right off the bat every time, I do think that having others spells on is what might be causing me my lag.

The issue is, in order for GINA to properly work I have to have others spells on so I know when covenant/alliance/whatever the next one is called is both casted by another magician and when it fades. If I hide this off, I do not know. And me casting covenant without knowing if it is on the mob may result having the spell bounce (resulting in lost DPS).

I am open to suggestions. It would be awesome if I only saw what my fellow raid magicians were casting, that could alleviate a lot of issues. We do have a magician chat channel where I can see and interrupt casting if another magician is casting covenant, so that somewhat solves that part if everyone joins the channel and announces. But it doesn't help me when the covenant is fulfilled so I know if I can cast mine without fear of not landing.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Exclude your log file (or everquest folder) from virusscanner real time file checking
    Delete or move your log file daily. Gina can automate this in Settings/Log Maintenance
    /clearall right before event
    uncheck triggers you dont need
    Sirene_Fippy has some good info about streamlining gina triggers here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gina-issues.230352/
    IblisTheMage, Fanra and Cicelee like this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Easy way to tell for sure if it is the log lagging. Temporarily turn /log off for a few seconds and see if things improve. If it does, then my bet is anti-virus scanning log file causing it to slow down. Also move the spam out of minimized window into tabbed window (behind a window you use) may help.
    Fanra, Cicelee, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I am 98.7 percent certain the anti-virus is excluding it but will double check.

Out of curiosity why would hiding an open window be better than a minimized window?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You could try using the ingame ATs for the covenant, ingame ATs use realtime text so don't need to have the log on. I've added a couple of sound waves to my ATs so I know when things like that are triggered.
  6. Conq Augur

There is/was a bug that opening a minimized spam filled window would cause an EQ crash. I tell everyone struggling with lag to not have a minimized spam window.
    Conq
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Am I able to have in game AT be more than just a beep or a bloop? Last time I used in game AT that is all they had.

If I could have an in game AT be some internet .wav file or whatever this game uses, that could help out at least for the covenant issue...
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes. You can add sound files to Audio Triggers folders. I believe they might need to be .wav files.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Gialana Augur

I've used some online text to speech websites that let me save the .wav file. I've put them in the AudioTriggers/default folder, but there may be a better way to organize them.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

In-game ATs are superior to anything GINA has to offer.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

As Fanra said, you can use any .wav files you want. Just drop them in the folder and they will show up in the audio trigger UI. I use a Klaxon kind of sound for failed FD, another harsh sound for invis fading (TLP), etc.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I had Gandalf say "fly you fools" for triggers that required moving and the old Gauntlet "Your life force is running out" for triggers that required curing.
    demi and Accipiter like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

No timer bars.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I found that keeping the window open but pulling it down to the bottom of my screen so that just the window title bar was visible helped with lag, even though I had all the spam enabled. When it was minimized I couldn't have everything enabled without issues.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL
    mine are
    DPS off - "stop blowing holes in my ship" Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
    Duck - "Wabbit Season, Duck Season" - Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny
    Good Buffs - "Hello Poppet" Pirates of the Caribbean
    Run Away - "run for you life" Doctor Who
    Dots and Bad stuff - "Oh Bugger" Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Anything that keeps me amused after doing the raids every week for almost a year.
    demi and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I just keep the hot bar with the things that have to be re-clicked in a prominent spot.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

any luck with the lag issue?