Fix your gold expiration date under Account Management > Membership

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Tappin Augur

I am confused or something… isn’t this 2021? Why can DP not accurately display when my account expires? And before anyone says this is just Krono issue, it’s not. Getting your CC billed prior to cancellation date, while simultaneously being able to cancel is a garbage and not excusable.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Let me understand you. You want to be able to see the time of expiration?

1. You can cancel but your account will be active until the end of the billing cycle.

2. You can renew early but you will lose the prepaid time. Yes, this is problematic. (You should contact Customer Service or petition if you lose alot of prepaid time).

3. Daybreak should not charge you early for the billing cycle. Perhaps, the 31 days falls on an odd date?
  3. Randomized Augur

Krono runs only 30 days, so if its a 31 day month, and your Krono runs out, you will be billed a day early on your CC
  4. Tappin Augur

Nope, card charged prior to expiration date, but the cancelation button was not grayed out. This account was has been on CC for some time, no kronors.
  5. demi Augur

dont wait to the last minute to cancel.. when I sub with real cash and dont use a krono .. once the payment clears my bank i cancel my sub so it does NOT auto-renew .. cause the next month or 3 months down the line I might forget about it and actually use the krono from in game pp .. and dont want to get charged also before i have time to chomp a krono
  6. Tappin Augur

They removed the expiration date from your inventory and launcher, because it was inaccurate… but they leave the one under account manager that is clearly inaccurate… It’s like they made a self meme. And it shouldn’t matter when I canceled it, assuming it’s before their inaccurate date.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've gone "Free to Play" in the general time I've rescribed/unsubscribed.

Your best bet is to contact Customer Service or PM the Community Mananger to look into your situation. Really, no one can access your account information here.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Garbage in, garbage out. I'm really negative on DBG right now, admittedly. They can't do anything right.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

irreverent

Not part of his request.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Sometimes I feel like a nut. Sometimes I don't.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, I irreverently addressed him.

In seriousness, Customer Service can probably provide him the time/date of initial subscription and renewal. Otherwise, he's making a mountain out of an anthill based on faulty assumptions.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Cancel Button is not a button and is not active until you mouse over it. Instead the Upgrade Membership is highlighted. So it does appear the Cancel button cannot be used, but it can...anytime you want to.

If your strictly paying with a credit card then your bill date never changes. So you were late and got charged an extra month and now your mad at your own procrastination.

Look at it like a late fee the electric company would charge you if you made a late payment there. Only here there is no re connection fee and you get to keep playing. Oh wait, you can play even without paying;)

Since you have cancelled your account then when you do decide to return and go All Access just put in the cancel right after you go active. You will still get your month you paid for but it will not charge again. As others have suggested.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

demi likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Benito, what faulty assumptions? My account expired on a tuesday (according to account management), but I was charged on Friday. That's outside the 2 day window of proccessing time. Judging on when I was charged prior, I was charged on the correct date, leaving the information under account management as not correct.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You were charged on the previous Friday or the following Friday? If you were charged the following Friday, then you had 2-3 extra days of sub time? If you were charged the previous Friday, then you should contact Customer Service.

CS can explain the facts (i.e. timestamp on expiration, charge, and renewal) as well as any exceptions (i.e. Krono redemption interference, added time, bugs, etc).
  16. Tappin Augur

I’m not sure how much I can make this more clear to you. Based on my CC, the date I was charged was correct, but the date listed under account management was different. There’s clearly something wrong with how they are providing/updating the site with that information. And I don’t care about the sub going through - The issue is with the discrepancy.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Time zones?
    Benito likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You did not answer my question: did they charge you early (previous Friday) or late (following Friday)?

You have to rule out issues on your end. No one else is describing this issue (at least en masse).

Only Daybreak Customer Service has access to your account information and can provide you with an explanation. (It's been a few days and apparently you haven't bothered to contact CS). Ranting on the forums will get you nowhere.

As Bigstomp said, it could be a time zone issue. Also, it could be a credit card authorization (which is not an actual deduction but a transaction placeholder to check for sufficient funds).

If Daybreak CS confirms that something is amiss (e.g. early or late charge, less or more sub days), then come back and let us know (without revealing your information). You can help people look out for issues if you are more specific.