Account Login Screen Fault

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cazmac, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Cazmac Augur

For the past couple of weeks, my Account Login Screen has been lacking its full graphics. The actual login window in the centre, where you enter your Username and Password, is normal but the rest of that screen is just dark grey. There is a small text square right at the top, next to where the Switch Account dropdown menu is, containing the text "All Access". If I click this, it takes me to the screen for creating a new All Access account. I have, in the past few weeks, opened a new FreeToPlay account and I feel this may be part of the cause of the aberration. I have one "Lifetime" account and one annual Gold account, both long established. It looks to me as if there is a connection between my F2P account and this "nagging". If anyone can suggest how I can escape this, please don't hold back! I am not planning on upgrading the free account, by the way, and have to keep dismissing the onscreen propaganda that pops up while I play my freebie character.
  2. Duder Augur

Could you post a screenshot for us so we can see this? A textual description is great, but it would help if accompanied by an actual image of what you are seeing.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The "All Access" is on everyone's screen but it actually says "Get All Access". If you click it you should see a window open that shows the benefits of an All Access account and another button that says "Find out more" Then you can go further by clicking more. Unless that is what you see?

At this point that screen is not account related because you have not put in name/pw so it has no idea if you are F2P or Lifetime etc. So it does not seem that would have any bearing on why your log in screen is not showing full graphics in the background.

Are you are missing the other options that should be next to All Access that say "forums" and "support"?

Every F2P account has those in game pop ups about upgrading, there is no way to get around them. They are like commercials on free TV. We are stuck with them.

First do a validate game files:

Validate Game Assets through the launchpad
    • Run the LaunchPad and log in, but do not press play.
    • Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a gear) in the lower left and and choose Validate Game Assets.
    • Press the green Validate button to have the LaunchPad check your game files and download any missing or corrupt files.
    If that doesn't help then try the troubleshooting tips here. While your launch pad does load up it is stuck and not making a good enough connection to fully load.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478-Launchpad-is-stuck-or-won-t-download
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seen this multiple times over the years, it has in the past fixed itself at some point for me.

Try these fixes, see if any of them help.

Add www.everquest.com to your antivirus & firewall exceptions & try again.

Reset your Internet Options:
    Even if you use Firefox, Google Chrome or another web browser to surf the internet, the LaunchPad runs off of Internet Explorer settings. Follow these steps to reset your Internet Options which may improve LaunchPad performance.

Go to Start, then your Control Panel.
    Click on Internet Options.
    Click on the Advanced Tab.
    Click on Reset.
    Check the box Delete Personal Settings, and then OK.
    Go back to Internet Options to the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certification Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk".
    Click OK.

Clear the LaunchPad Cache
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete the launchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again.