Server Recommendation for my play style

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Naden Eversong, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Naden Eversong New Member

Hi all,

Sorry for another one of these. I used to play a lot back in 1999. Quit for WOW (#ragrats)

Coming back now but i have a family and not a lot of time. I want to find a server with at least some prospect of grouping at lower levels. I have zero interest in raiding.

I don't want TLP because i will probably need to solo a lot. I get 30 minutes to 1.5 hours a day to play and from my experience sometimes it takes that long just to get a group. So i expect to MOLO a lot. I'll be playing a Bard because no game has ever replicated the amazing EQ Bard.

Thoughts on best server for me?

Thanks!
  2. code-zero Augur

I'd go to Xegony and look up Corwyhn Lionheart's guild Lion's of the Heart.
    Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  3. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Try Agnarr for casual playing.. level locked at LDoN...
    get PoP gear and put LDoN augs in it for the win....

get off the hamster wheel, play casually make alts and make friends !
    Herf likes this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Play on a live server. Xegony or BristleBane seem to be the most populous.
    When you molo - use Tank mercenary, they rule up to level 70 or so even without a healer, useful up-to lvl85-90, then mobs start hitting too hard and you will need to come up with a solution like finding a friend to group with, making a box toon for a second merc or something else.
    AA's begin at lvl 51 and by the time you hit lvl 65 you will be at the max f2p limit. You will need to decide if you want to pay by buying Kronos or subscription. Past lvl 75 or so f2p play becomes unbearable, you will be too weak without massive amount of AA's, which are permitted and autogranted to AllAccess players.
    In my personal opinion a bard can not successfully level up to the top by just molo'ing. Not good enough of a tank, and no heals for mercenary tank. Some classes can, and some do it easily. Bards - it takes some amazing skills, time and dedication to get to 110 just molo.

Bards are in demand, good bards are rare, enjoy the music!
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Welcome back bard! the servers with the biggest family guilds are Xegony (Lions of the Heart) and Luclin (Black Dragon Legion) for those times when you don't want to molo. Bards have changed a LOT since the old days.. Some kiting has been nerfed, AE Damage has been nerfed to limit it to 6 mobs. But as you level up and get all of your AAs and songs, you will find we have changed for the better. We are no longer relegated to mana batteries.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome back.
  7. Naden Eversong New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice!
  8. Anthony1832 New Member

Why is Vox a recommended server?