What ever happened to the nights of undead event?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Herf, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Herf Augur

When I was on live there was a yearly event in the forest outside Erudin; powerful undead would spawn and when you killed them they sometimes dropped a nice weapon or armor bit. I recall a very nice 2hb, and maybe a ring and shoulder slot items. Does it still happen? If so, what era is it from? I don't think we get it on Agnarr.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Halloween
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

4. Soulbanshee Augur

Nights of the Dead is "Halloween", its not October yet. In-game calendar, Oct 13-Nov 10.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

That link is an Anniversary event, listed under the item lore text on the page.
    Randomized likes this.
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

do people on TLP servers get to play in the event in early expansions ?
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Typically not.
  8. bobbin Elder

I remember a similar Halloween event in Butcherblock. Lots of werewolf's would spawn and could drop some decent gear for the time.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It was both. However, that was all in-person hosted GM stuff for a week straight (the Halloween appearance). It was -mostly- scripted with a few direct GM appearances sprinkled throughout the week.

It was the followup event to 2003's, where the GM's actually ran the events in various zones (RM/NK/West Commons/ Etc..) and the infamous BSD dropped:
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

THAT dropped in 2003? No way that dropped in 2003.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Totally dropped in 2003. It was "NO RENT", which is known today as "Temporary". IIRC, it was "saved" for a while by leaving it on a corpse every time they quit EQ for the day (something you can't do anymore) and eventually left the game during a patch/maintenance day.
  12. Visitor Augur

Coming events- EQ button- Alerts- Calendar- or /calendar
  13. Froglok Augur

The Patch notes do say they will show up when Nights of the Dead gets here, which is October.
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

Here is another one of the weapons. I can't recall the other drops. Kevagon the Dreadful was a part of the earlier Halloween events back in the fall of 2001. That event was a lot different. That one had the no drop reed belt and mithril girdle knock offs. East Karana, West Commons, Rathe Mountains, South Ro or North Ro or both and some other zones. This was the one where gm and guides were showing up across the servers. After that sometimes you would see the odd werewolf rampage in West Commons during the following years.

Oops weapon link https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27344
    Herf likes this.
  15. Tevik Augur

I kinda miss the really old school Halloween events, where werewolves showed up in a few random zones at night and dropped cool stuff (for the era) like Flameweaver. Good times.
  16. NinjutsuMMO Augur

unfortunately the player base that doesn't play live cant partake on many of these events..

with all the new tlps over the years maybe it's time to revise these holiday events.
    Herf likes this.