NO!! XP bonus down 33 mins early :(

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zilias, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Zilias New Member

2. Allworth Elder

Lots of people noticed that too. :(
  3. Jodiddlydoo New Member

Newfoundland time b'y
  4. zleski Augur

I decided not to play last night (I did level a necro from 30 to 57 on the bonus) so I fully demand an entire extra day of bonus (to align with my work schedule) to make up for this 33 minute shortfall!
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

They should just start handing out exp pots that expire in a week with each bonus.

Call them "bottle of condolences"...
    This item grants 2 hours of 50% bonus experience and disappears on Wednesday.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've seen people ask for double xp (or whatever rate) potions as opposed to a set period of bonus xp, so they can enjoy the bonus on their schedule, not Daybreak's. Honestly, I'd prefer that as well.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. plowers Journeyman

I'd like my banked double XP please.
  8. Lineater Augur

Bonus was actually turned off an hour early. Was supposed to go to 11:59 PM PT per the announcement. At 11:07PM PT someone commented about it in GC, and I noticed it was off. I think past bonus events have ended at 11PM PT, I'm guessing that is what caused it.

Can't really complain as getting the extra day is pretty generous. Nice for people who are busy/go out of town/etc for the holiday. But it did stink because a buddy and I planned a 2-3 hour grind for those last couple hours of the bonus and were counting on that extra hour.
  9. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I purchased experience potions for the last 4 hours of bonus exp during time period and as a result I lost one hour of bonus Labor Day experience. It would be nice if the this one hour reduction was acknowledged by the developers and some effort was made to compensate players.

Also, it would be nice to find out why this happened, to prevent this from happening again.

I think in future you should extend the bonus for all future bonus weekends for a few extra hours to make up for technical snafus like this. Thank you.
  10. Yonson Lorekeeper

The problem with this idea is that the windows of exp bonus push a lot of players to play at the same time - if you let people do it on their own schedules you won't have the swell of player base to make finding a group easier and take full advantage of that sweet sweet extra exp.
    Quik likes this.
  11. Healiez Augur

This wont happen, ever.

People buy potions to use in addition to the double exp, they wont give up that money