Just Recompense quest is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Makudonarudo, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Makudonarudo Lorekeeper

Zone: Brother Island
    Quest: Just Recompense
    When hail Brother Saldar no siren appears.

I tracked the whole zone. Not a single siren's in the zone.
    I already submit a bug.

Thanks!
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

they only come out at certain times of the day, not always up, not a bug, not broken.
    Madeni, Sissruukk and Velisaris_MS like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep needs to be nightime in game.
  4. Madeni Elder

My hunting partner and I just did these older quests, EQ Zam is a great source of info..

Speak with Brother Saldar 0/3 (Brother Island)

Brother Saldar (click for map image) is found around the northwestern part of the island (/loc -3670, -2785). Hail him until the task updates.

Brother Saldar says 'You would fight with us? The sirens have grown fearsome. Even in daylight they creep up the shores and assail my men. We wear our [chastity helmets], but still some are taken. It gets even worse at night.'

Brother Saldar says 'Brothers don't want to wear their helmets at night! I've told them time and again to keep their helmets on no matter the time of day, but in the morning I find helmets but no men. We must guard against the song!'

Brother Saldar says 'It intensifies at night. Strangely, it also comes from the sea rather than the sirens themselves. They don't sing, but they can certainly bite. Well, are you going to help us or not?'

You say, 'What's with the chastity helmets?'

Brother Saldar says 'Quigley was smart: If you can't see a siren's beauty or hear her sultry song, you won't be seduced. He invented a helmet with a padded interior to deaden incoming sound. Colored, warped glass fills the visor, distorting any visions of beauty and rendering them inert. As long as we wear our helmets, we can withstand all but the most beautiful, sonorous sirens.'

Kill sirens when they emerge from the sea at night and attack 0/4 (Brother Island)

After nightfall (7pm-3am, or so, in game /time), sirens appear around the northwestern coast of the island, and a zonewide emote goes off. Five spawns can be found on the northwestern coast while many more can be found far off the northwestern coast in the water (and are separated enough that they should be split simply enough).

A shout rises among the brothers. 'Sirens are attacking; mount a defense!'

The sirens have a large assist radius and hit hard for the zone (a max ~18,500). They summon when damaged and cast routine mez spells. Mobs called "a brother defender" spawn along with them, and the two sides fight one another. You'll need to get four kill credits here (if NPCs are assisting you, you'll need to do at least 50% of the damage for credit).
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And always cross reference with EQ Resource:

• Kill sirens at night when they swim from the sea northwest of the island and attack 0/4 (Brother Island)
    • Kill 4 siren north of Saldar, they pop around 7pm game time and de-pop around 5am game time, there are also some under water on the North West side of the zone during this time
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

The "chastity helmet" part this whole storyline still makes me laugh.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On a side note if you cannot see Brother Saldar or any of the other brothers, log out and back in again and they will appear.....don't ask me, I just know it works.
  8. Gialana Augur

It's been quite a while since I've done these quests, so I'm not absolutely sure this is true. But if you know where the npc that you can't see is located, I think you can also get close enough to it, /target it, and go through with the dialogue.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Also know that the sirens have a large assist range. You'll probably get 3-4 if you tag one. No big deal, just be aware of it.
  10. Eaiana Augur

And some of them mez the tank too, which can lead to unwanted excitement.
    Rondor likes this.
  11. GoneFission Augur

This was a real issue for me when I did this. I think it’s a suggestion on Allakhazam, but if you go out a ways from the shore, you can single pull sirens in the water.
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Btw, am on BI doing hunter.. and 7pm (game time) is when the sirens attack.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you want to report a broken quest you should post it in the bug section of the forums where they are looking for these types of reports.