Group Composition: Pullers

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Randomized, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Randomized Augur

Are pullers still used in the game? Like Monks/Bards/Chanters? Or is it to a point where it’s just pull all the mobs and burn them down as quickly as possible and repeat?
  2. code-zero Augur

No one needs pullers or crowd control until they need pullers and crowd control. In other words yes pullers are a part of the game though not necessary all the time
    Randomized likes this.
  3. Conq Augur

Pullers/splitters/crowd controllers are a bigger deal in the group game. Most raid geared groups don't bother to split anything - with a few exceptions, like in era ToV Velks basement, maybe.
    Conq
    minimind, Randomized and Metanis like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Pullers have been obsolete for like 15 years at this point
  5. Randomized Augur

Much thanks guys. Yeah I’ve never raided. I don’t think I’ve ever truly played current end game outside of TDS into EoK so it would be strictly group content.

I mean I was running an SK/Chanter/Mage box team, and I intended to use the Chanty for CC and what not, but there was hardly anything that box group couldn’t handle. Few close calls where the Chanter had to step in and do it’s thing, but hardly ever.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

I think it pretty much depends on how well geared your tank is and his AA count. Most raiders seem to just grab the whole camp burn it down then go from there. As hard as current mobs hit most groupers should show some caution especially at the beginning of the expansion.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Alnitak Augur

There is a plenty of well-geared tanks around, so most groups do not need pullers/splitters.
    And it's a lost art these days.
    Personally, I enjoy doing ToV Champion progression with a group like Mage-Bard-Ranger . Skillful pulling is a must in such case: an up-and-coming mage pet can't handle multiple mobs in Tier-2 ToV zones.
    Meanwhile, I've met a great number of lvl 115 players who do not know what an aggro-range or proxy-aggro is.
    EQ is a very diverse place. Enjoy your own gamestyle.
  8. code-zero Augur

I do recall that when TBL was released that there was great consternation over the fact that some crowd control was necessary. People had gotten spoiled to tanks that could hold aggro and take the punishment with nothing except a healer and tons of DPS and they didn't like having to be careful. I'd personally like to see crowd control become important again and see a lot less lazy playing by overgeared tanks
    Randomized likes this.