4Games Client?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demi Augur

this next upcoming year will be interesting to say the least

and I have no idea what you said in your first paragraph

:confused:

you preach it Tucoh , im with ya on this one .. its 6 subs for me also , however its more than that I have 12 accounts and i buy expansions when they go on sale for them also including my 6 active ones i use .. also micro transactions.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting take.

Just wanted to note, the draconian word filters have been the same since day 1 of this board. You can be certain the filters here have 0 connection to their long or short term intentions in any way.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. demi Augur

If they did make it so I s bxr couldnt be used . I did say i would at least try it out .. so with that in mind i was thinking of
    War
    bard
    shaman
    all 3 rogue mercs
    I'm pretty sure I could prooly box 3 accounts with no software (maybe) im sure my wrist and hands would be sore and hurt after awhile of alt tabbing back and forth but if i set up some good macro's it could prolly be done ..

you would have to set up macros cause key binding wouldnt work for alt tabbing , unless there is a way to setup a hotkey key bind that goes to all 3 EQ instances ? didnt think so ..
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Actually you can do quite a lot with macros, and first party (windows and hardware key repeaters which are allowed for one example).

And you will still be able to use things like GINA as an easy 'bridge' to grab events from. Or write your own log parser, which is also allowed.

Yes, automating alt + tabbing is easy too.
  5. demi Augur

Im not sure I know what you mean by ^ in red also how do you automate Alt+tabbing ? afaik you actually have either physically hit alt tab till you hit the right window or mouse click the window you want ? is there another way ? im on windows 7 still :( hoping to upgrade before end of year ..
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well I don't have any tutorial on it. I'm mostly talking about programming stuff (like you also highlighted from Tucoh).

And not sure about win 7s support of it. But Windows has 'Accessibility Options'. Specifically: Key Lock, and Key Repeat are of interest. Also setting up one key (that's allowed) to trigger another key(that might NOT be acknowledged while in EQ) is pretty trivial.
  7. demi Augur

so im not a programmer , so lets say I have 3 window'd instances of EQ running is there a way to create keyboard hotkeys for each window so i can just press those keys to switch between windows instead of Alt tabbing to the 3 diff ones ? and im still confused about hardware key repeaters ?
  8. Metanis Bad Company

This is one of the built-in features of I S B O X E R.
  9. demi Augur

umm I know .. I use I s bxr .. I am inquiring about doing it without I s Bxr in the unlikely event that EG7 and DP add anti cheat detection tools to the new launchpad and block the boxing software programs .. I figured if they do that I would try boxing without i s bxr .. its prolly a lost cause though.. I like my I s bxr ..
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I get you're not a programmer ;)

For starters, it is way more recommended to set up macros (same essential function on same number macro for each character) and alt + tab between I.E. 1 2 alt+tab 1 2 alt+tab 1 2 alt+tab, because it requires you to be behind the keyboard (in theory).

What I'm about to mention could be construed as disallowed game-play IF you were to step away from the keyboard while this happens.

Key repeaters: Send the signal of a key over and over, as if you had the key held down. Key repeat rate, by default is very fast, not very useful except for the button mashing crowd. By slowing the key repeat rate down you can make it like you are pressing it over and over (in a more sane pace).

There are all kinds of things you can do with just this and macros.

You can also get a 'gaming keyboard' or mouse that is programmable and sends out hardware signals just as if you typed it yourself.

You (maybe not you specifically demi) could also write a script that responds to one key press and executes a sequence of events.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

IMHO one of the easiest things that they could do to eliminate the most severe cheaters / boxers on Live servers would be to end the Free-To-Play capability. They're consuming resources for no good reason. And really there's no real compelling reason to give away game play. There are no "new" players. Even if there were you just offer them a 30-day money back guarantee. And it would free up a lot of server CPU and network cycles for the paying customers.
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. demi Augur

This I have a gaming mouse .. has 12 buttons on the side .. I can program that to do a few things in game so that might help a bit ..

and ^ lol ya to complicated for me .. thx for the info though guess will have to do alittle research on how to do some fancy macroing and program my mouse again for EQ .. will check it out .. hopefully it wont come down to that , but if it does id like to be prepared ..
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Same.

You are good to go. Check it out, you can record a sequence of events, including alt+tab and even mouse moves, and bind it to one key, set to repeat until you click it again.
  14. Tappin Augur

Isn’tboxer is more of key logger / windows modification than anything to do with modification of EQ client. Where isn’tboxer gets into trouble is with potential anti detection code. Also, since windows is pushing towards cloud based info structure, you got wonder how long we’ll be able to modify windows.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.