VoA Sepulchre of Order Partisan Quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vinjiansai, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Vinjiansai New Member

VoA is EQ's 18th expansion and came out 10 years ago. The Sepulchre of Order is the final zone in the expansion, and features two partisan quests that demand a great deal of time and redundancy. The quest 'To Kill a Thel Ereth Ril' requires 500 Alsa Thel Droplets.
    The second partisan quest in the chain, 'Crafting the Triumvirate's Downfall', requires 50 Alsa Thel droplets from 8 different sections of Sepulchre East and West.

My group is currently working on the droplets quests in Sepulchre East. After the same number of quests from each of the 4-sections, our droplet counts are as follows:

Alsa Thel of Oratory: 37
    Alsa Thel of Magic: 21
    Alsa Thel of Beast: 22
    Alsa Thel of Fertility: 22

Either the Alsa Thel of Oratory quests award too many compared to the others, or the other quests are not yielding enough. Ironically, for the most part, I have found the Oratory quests to be easier than many of the quests in the other areas. It seems to me there should not be such a great discrepancy for number of droplets awarded among the quests. Where Oratory awards 6 or 7 (based on what I've seen thus far), some of the others in Fertility and Beast only award 2 or 3 (very painful).

After starting the expansion when it came out, we hope to at long last complete the entire expansion. It may be too late to help me and my group, but I ask for Devs to increase the number of droplets in order for quest rewards to be (more) even in their awarding.

In addition, given today's player power (we are level 110), the 60-minute quest lock out timer for each section is punitive and in my opinion a needless time sink, adding further frustration to an already long and redundant quest chain. Please reduce the lock out timer by 50%.

We would appreciate your consideration.
    Thank you for reading.
  2. Riou EQResource

iirc during voa beta they were initially set up at that time based on time and difficulty it took to complete, there are some fertility and beast that award 4 and 5 (they can range 2-5, while others can be 5-7 depending on task)
    Skuz and Vinjiansai like this.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Cheer up. I know it's a long grind but at least it's a memorable grind. No other end zone have such a grind-fest.
    I bet that the discrepancy is because, like Riou said, difficulty and time investment.
    On the Phinigel server, I did this under like two weeks of casual farming. Doing a cycle of Tasks kept me occupied for the entire 60 min lockout timer so I could basically cycle them all with some up and downs. Campfires on some areas (even the Tinker jump boots) helped a lot on speeding up some areas.
    You are doing lvl 95 content as a lvl 110. That's why you don't notice the difficulty that justify the discrepancy on awards!
    Skuz and Vinjiansai like this.
  4. Samatman Augur

Currently doing these tasks as part of a static group that won't say no to stupid things. I loathe logging in every weekend knowing we will be doing these silly things for literally the rest of the year. Half of the tasks we can't even find the location. There is no possible reward from this stupidity that would make up for the time wasted. I am not an achievement completionist. Overseer or just 95 dailies are a far better use of time of course, but even just killing stuff in level appropriate places would be more fun. That's saying something.