EQ Next what would it have been like

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Aug 1, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

I never really followed EQNext and did not play in EQ Landmark, so wondering can someone in the know/following its development tell me what it would have been like?

My guess is it would have been like the game Rust but MMORPG instead of shooter. It looked like you can build anywhere, stash stuff anywhere, which is how the game Rust is played out. I remember sometime this year they had a promotion and basically more than 5 twitch streams of Rust with over 50,000 people watching at sametime, so 250,000 people watching twitch streamers, makes me think if EQ Next pulled through and it was like Rust it would have been a huge success.
    One of the major problems with the game Rust, is being in very long que just to play the game. This is a good problem for the game to have though.

I know there is a huge playerbase that wants a online Skyrim. ESO isn't really like Skyrim because you can't stash stuff anywhere and its not really open, there are quite a bit of restrictions. EQ Next would have fulfilled that open market would it not?

When would you think EQ Next would be in discussion again? When Guild Wars announces GW3? Diablo 5? ESO2? WoW2? What would it take for them to consider EQ Next?

Would they have titles/gifts to those who played the previous EQ's? I know Dynasty Warriors did this and GW2 did this, giving titles and what not for people who played the previous games.
  2. Riou EQResource

Landmark was basically the EQ Next Alpha testing, it was where they were testing the foundation to EQ Nexts systems (like movement, looks, combat etc)

So just look at old Landmark videos on youtube and that is basically EQ Next
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer