Bergurgle crown Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by minbus, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Sourire New Member

I’m confused why they chose to make the crown tradeable and not label the mob as rare as was done with ghoul lord and Ghoulbane. IMO, the ring should also be tradeable and both Gimblox and Bergurgle should be rares and randomized loot. I’ve no dog in this fight, but this seems like such a strange inconsistency.

In the other thread about contested epic mobs, bardybard mentioned the devs have specifically said they are not labeling these mobs as rare. Maybe they see this as a feature of the rule set.
  2. Nolrog Augur

6000 if you are scoring at home.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  3. Thraine Augur

i know it sucks not being able to camp mobs on this server due to an astonishing lack of etiquette and consideration but the devs wont raise a finger to do much OP, they are making money off this, they could care less how people are treated in their game lol
  4. Firesyde424 Journeyman

I don't have a problem, in theory, with people camping drops for money. That particular thing might be EQ's 2nd oldest profession. What I have a problem with is the lack of any alternative. Because there are no other options to obtaining Lord Berg's crown, those who monopolize his spawn can charge ridiculous sums for it. The current running price is approximately $100 worth of krono for one small piece of the epic and that is just insane!

A cleric will still be using their epic long after every other class has banked theirs and, especially on raids, it almost becomes a de facto requirement for clerics to have their epic. So now your epic costs $100 worth of krono, in addition to the monthly subscription fee. That's assuming Gimblox loot rights aren't being sold, or that people aren't camping skyfire and selling pearls, which they are.
  5. Thousandheals New Member

We had the same problem on Thornblade. If you were lucky enough to find the camp open you might get 45 minutes to camp him before a full bot crew teleported on top of you and the mob would be dead before you knew it spawned. This went on for the first week and a half of Kunark. Our guild found it open and brought almost two full groups there for about 8 hours to get the crowns for our raid clerics. It's dumb how much of a bottle neck the crown is for the quest. The heart and scroll with drop off other raid epic mobs so why not the crown?