Help me develop my raid idea.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Palamarr New Member

Alright... It's a cylinder building. The corridor loops around the perimeter of the building. There is one side of the corridor without a wall. In the center is a large circular platform. The raid gets split. The runner(s) start in the corridor at the top and trigger the giant lava ball. Ranged Dps in the center. They can't get to each other... Idk there is a gap or something. So mobs spawn in the corridor and they have to die before the runners can keep moving (wall/locked doors/etc). Runners must also do the jumpy obstacle thing. Kicker is, make it so the runners won't have time to kill the mobs before the Lava Ball catches them. The Ranged DPS in the center have to target and burn down the mobs in the corridor before the runners get got. The platform lowers down as the runners progress down the spiral corridor so they are staying together. This way the ranged dps can see and engage the mobs before the runners. Now just throw in some temple guardians/monsters on the platform that want to eat the DPSers. They come out of doors every level.

So the goal being getting the runners to the bottom of the building. Burn the mobs in the corridor so they can get through, and protect the DPS on the platform in order to make it happen. You got your cool runner stuff and then the casters can sit and blast and contribute.

Might use this in a future DnD one shot...
    Evye likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I liked this twist on the concept, it solves a lot of the "problems" with the pacing and mechanics.

I would add that the while platform folks are pulling the waves in away from the front of the runners, the runners have to trigger the levers that bring down the doors to the central platform so that they shut behind them & stop lava entering the centre room, if the runners miss a door-trigger then the rooom will get some lava spill into it & occupy one of 6 segments in the platform's floor, miss 6 door levers of however many there are and the players in the room are toasted alive like marshmallows as they no longer have a safe place to stand, each level missed obviously also reduces the floorspace the platform folks have to move within & fight mobs in.
  3. Cadira Augur

You could, like, shadowstep when the wall gets close to you or something?
  4. Palamarr New Member

Oh now we are getting somewhere. Darkpaw really should do like a player designed raid contest or something.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Shadowstep is still moving around and preventing casting and from what I remember it is in a random direction. I think what you are talking about is the leap type abelites but even that is an issue as you might have to interrupt your casting in order to trigger it. In the end you still have casters moving around which can impact their dps while a slowly moving target won't impact melee as much.
  6. Cadira Augur

Cast, leap, cast, leap, no interrupts.

I'd argue mobs being drug around all the time, rubber banding all the way to new location etc, melee would lose more dps than a caster by miles in the hypothetical raid. If the wall is slow moving, you have plenty of time to pick an in-between-cast leap forward every so often and it won't interrupt anything for a caster.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

8. CrazyLarth Augur

sounds like a long hallway version of Mearatas Raid
  9. Evye Augur

There are no color halls... and adds dont spawn when people die.

On a side note the way I'm thinking is... lets say the playing field is 10w x 60L squares.
    I think the lava would over at the start at least over take a 3 squares a second. That gives you 20 seconds at the start. before you have to move up in phase 2 it could be doubled so you have 10 seconds before you have to move.

Its like guerilla warfare
  10. Neale Povar Lorekeeper

id like to see raids with math equations.

lets say that there are 20 small auras on the ground.

emote comes through every 20 seconds with a random embedded math equation (4+8) / (1+2) = 4

no more and no less than 4 people go stand in auras, and 1/2 of those people have to /faint or else the raid gets DT'd
  11. Evye Augur

YES! I love this.
    I suggested something like this with Norrath trivia or even a raid set up like a game of hangman!

There are sooo many possibilities if they got out of their little raid box. Someone suggested earlier in the thread player made events would be awesome!