account transfer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by melemayhem, Jul 11, 2021.

1. melemayhem Journeyman

hi id really love it if they would bring bring back ability to move chars to a different account. it would make business sense too cause once i really love a char i want it to have its own account often, so i end up paying for more accounts, at moment id pay alot to be able move my druid on first account to my third, id be even willing have buy two transfer things, so wouldnt mind it being expensive, just as long as i could do it.
    Shardin and Mesil like this.
  2. Bardy McFly Augur

Last I heard, this was very very low on the totem pole of things to do, to the point that I think they said there was no timeframe of it ever coming back.
    Shardin likes this.
  3. melemayhem Journeyman

aye i petitioned about it, they said put here to see if there was a community desire for it, if was they might consider it
    Shardin likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

They could probably run a search here on the forums, and come up with the top 10 threads about it easily enough. There's 2 on the front page alone, including this one. People have been posting, petitioning, and clamoring for it since they discovered it was no longer a thing.
    Shardin likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

DBG is leaving a lot of money on the table not having this feature. Quite a few people would pay for it.
    Shardin likes this.
  6. bobbin Elder

I would have at least 4 more paid accounts if this was put back in the game.
    Shardin likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That depends on how much money it would take to fix it and how much they would gain from it minus what they would have to stop doing in order to work on it. It isn't a simple matter of people willing to pay for it if the work to fix it will cost more money or they will lose out on more work by what they have to stop working on to fix it.
    Shardin, Tucoh and Tatanka like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Don't forget opportunity cost if you want to further conflate the conversation!
    Shardin likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are making money from those of us who saw this would not be fixed anytime soon back in 2017 and started new accounts and remade the characters we had wanted to transfer.

While not the best answer, those accounts have been paid for every year since.

Sometimes you have to just get on with the game.

In this case the only thing my old characters have is memories. While the remade ones are happily grouping how I want them too and having fun.
    Shardin likes this.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Well, they're not making money from people like me who don't want to restart another character on a new account.
    Shardin likes this.
  11. Mesil Lorekeeper

3 more paid accounts here if they enable transfers between accounts (would make new ones) - but I guess they have enough money or dont want to hire an intern to do the work...
    Shardin likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or the they think the work would cost them more than it would bring in. It isn't like this would be free for them to do and not cause them to stop work on other things.
    Shardin and Nennius like this.
  13. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm guessing a problem is the separation between billing and gameplay; things like no longer showing remaining account time, etc.

They used to verify that the billing information matched, but now no human eyes, and the minimum possible computers, are allowed to see the billing info, so it can't be easily checked.
    Shardin likes this.