Beastlord Assistance (Live)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zikku, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Zikku New Member

Hello everyone!
    I'm currently returning after a very, very long break (quit during DoDH). BST has been my main since luclin. I ended up trying a level 85 boost to get caught up and a friend of mine helped me up to 115 over the holiday week and essentially gave me the basic run down to get my feet wet again but has minimal help when it came to beastlords.

The amount of AA abilities, Tomes and "monk" abilities like round kick? are extremely overwhelming. So much so I think I might have made a mistake by trying to catch up so quickly but even then it probably wouldn't have minimized the amount of sheer confusioin with the abilities there are.

Is there a guide anywhere for current or close to current content? I'm looking mainly for general rotation help, must have abilites/AAs/Spells/Defensives/clickies/Buffs/ect. I've checked the beastlord den, asked in the general beastlord channel and was met with silence, forums and tons of google searches with mostly just TLP information. Maybe I missed something somewhere? I did find raidloot.com which seems to have general armor/gearing for current CoV content.

I raided competitively all through my Everquest career and I would love to try to get raid ready again to be able to get back into it again after playing catch up. I know the grind will be slow but right now I'm just treading water in bazaar bought 110-115 gear with no real character progression goal in sight outside of trying to get my epics again.

Any help for an old returning veteran would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Szilent Augur

/autoskill Round Kick and /autoskill Tiger Claw, it's a bit of monk heritage that bst get to use one each of hit & kick.

make a "spam bar" (can use any empty+unused hotbar, can use/set any unused keyboard button), like this:
    [IMG]
    on that spam bar put the combat abilities
    Batter(114) and
    Bestial Savagery(106) and
    Maelstrom of Claws(112), and the
    Chameleon Strike AA

plus several nuke spells, including at least:
    Frozen Malignance
    Vkjen's Maelstrom
    (plus maybe Bite & Lance & Lance, they're much more optional)

and the absolutely key beastlord spell Dichotomic Fury. If all you ever do is attack & cast Dichotomic Fury every minute, you'll be a valued contributor to any group.

Load and use your top poison & cold & disease dots. They're great damage.

Line up a bunch of other stuff. Play around with it all for several weeks then ask more pointed questions :)

[IMG]
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Zikku New Member

Thank you for your reply szilent!
    I'll definitely get that spam bar set up. Do I need to spam the keypress to fire off all the abilities or does it work like a macro at that point?
    Assuming the autoskill makes the kicks...passive?

Also, speaking of macros, are there any must haves for bsts? Be it for pet assists/hold, tank assists and the like? It's been so long I vaguely remeber having about 10 macro sets for group and raid purposes.

Thank you again for your fast reply!
  4. Szilent Augur

Try it out.

yes.

Macros are da debil.

Welcome!
  5. Iribabh Augur

I'd recommend Roaring Strike AA over Chameleon Strike in the melee spam. Yes it generates aggro instead of dropping it, but it also has a higher base damage associated. Beasts have a lot of ways to manage their aggro, or even just outright tank the mob.

For the DD's, Roar + Lance is better than Lance + Lance in situations where AE is safe to use. DD's make up a significant portion of our dps outside of burns. I run 4 generally.

I'd also recommend against tying Dicho to your spam key. Still cast it every minute but it needs to be it's own key to use the best way possible. Otherwise you'll end up casting it while Ruaabri's is running and waste a cooldown and won't be able to really line up your HHE stuff right (in group content this doesn't matter much but in raids your other group mates will love you when you do it properly). Ideally you will Dicho > Ruaabri > Dicho > Force Rejuv (try to make sure this refreshes your coalation too) > Dicho should you need some absolutely absurd amount of burn. That's going to be almost 2 full minutes of HHE.

Paruaa has some pretty solid up to date info here also:
    http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=32b391da997ab4fbb92f90b9c15d5452&topic=9390.0

You'll notice some of that Paruaa said goes against what I've said or Szi has said and honestly most of it is preference. For example he says use Eagle Strike to proc Bite of the Asp. Bite is a really minor dot and I don't really think it's worth it, especially given how easy it is to screw up emergency CC with it. I run Tiger Claw instead for the atk redux. Also we use it in raids since every bst just overwrites that one single debuff slot. Dragon Punch / Tail Rake only comes out for stun bane for me.

Also the burn combos he listed can be good, but also other combinations are really good too. Sometimes you'll want to combine nearly everything he has listed in main, second, and third burns (really all but like 3 of them) for a huge burn. YMMV. Be prepared to hit Protective Spirit Disc if you do this (or even really if you hit even just the "main" burn combo) because most the time you will take aggro and if you aren't ready for it you will die.
  6. chronicler Augur

Is it a good idea to use dd with cast time, dont you miss melee while doing so? Is use of poison dot not better for the dd part as it is higher than normal dd

Problem with that of mine is running out of mana.
  7. Szilent Augur

Sure. There are times when Just The Dots is a good plan.

"My character has level 85 gear and I don't know the buttons really; I want a usable setup to get out of the guild hall with" isn't one of those times.
    Elyssanda likes this.