Hot key/macro issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rhyder, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Rhyder New Member

I have created a macro to forage and autoinventory and it's inconsistent at best. I found this on other threads and thought it was a great idea for my ranger. I've tried different iterations with/without the pause.

/pause ###, /doability #
    /pause ###, /autoinventory

Sometimes it doesn't trigger at all, sometimes it triggers, and sometimes it triggers and only causes the forage to act.

I have a similar issue with using the merc aggressive/passive as hotkeys. I'll leave the EQ window and go back and it might work.

Anyone else experience anything like this? What can I look at to solve it?

Thanks.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Try synchronising your pc clock using ntp.pool.org instead of time.windows.com

I do a PC clock sync before loading up the game each day as it rectifies a bunch of common timer issues around overseer tasks and combat ability and item cooldowns.

You can also add your whole EQ folder to your Antivirus exceptions and eqgame.exe & launchpad.exe to your firewall exceptions, this will in some cases help reduce lag in many of the game's systems.

You can also try using a VPN though this should not be needed in most cases.

The other thing to bear in mind is that EQ can only carry out 1 macro at a time, if you trigger a macro while moving - for example when pressing direction keys or wasd - it can be cancelled out by other macros you trigger.
  3. Rhyder New Member

Thanks. I'll take a look at that give it a shot.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

Not that something else couldn't be in play for you, but my forage key is

/pause 5, /doability 1
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory

I haven't seen a problem with no additional pauses on the Auto Inventory commands and it never fails to trigger UNLESS as Skuz said, I'm doing something else that blocks it (another macro, casting a spell, browsing a vendor, etc.) (I have 4 autoinventories because of Thuliasaur Island prior to that I only had two as a druid with max forage AAs)

Also, don't forget your forage cool down. It won't trigger if the ability isn't ready.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For auto forage problems Someone once suggested to try making a new social on completely different social page and button. Sounds ridiculous, but at times, particular ones get buggy, and it appears to have something to do with the particular character and it's INI file.
    Madeni likes this.
  6. Madeni Elder

/pause 8, /doability 1
    /pause 8, /autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory

Also can try making a new social, for some reason they get buggy and have to be remade