Thank You Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by drizerker, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I am 60% water.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Does Vaniki spawn in the water?
    Andarriel and Tatanka like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

?? As a Ranger my best arrow is Ancient Arrows. These are not used up nor consumable and it functions with endless quiver only ever needing 1 of them

We do use a consumable for our arrow spells: CLASS 3 Wood Silver Tip Arrow

But this is no where near as good as Ancient and can also can be used for endless quiver when not using as a spell regent.

Just wanted to change the flow of this post. :D
    Ozon, Zynt and Skuz like this.
  4. Maedhros High King

This is one of the most pointless gripes in the history of EQ and it keeps coming up again and again.
    I have had no problem whatsoever keeping axes summoned and available for my berz.
    You have 44 slot bags now, you can have the entire bag full of 100 count stacks of axes. Thats 4,400 axes in just 1 bag. I personally only keep 4 stacks up and replenish them when I get down to the final stack. Correct me if I am wrong, but the only things that even use axes that you hit with any regularity are Vindicating Frenzy(30 sec reuse) and Composite Rage(60 sec reuse). So you're telling me that you can't possibly stay ahead of 3 total freaking axes per minute when you can summon 100 in what 6 seconds for Axe of the Vindicator and 12 sec for Axe of the Mangler?
    Endless quiver for rangers came about at a far distant point in EQ when a ranger had what, max of 8 or 10 bag slots and a 4 slot quiver? 20 count stacks were max. Not to mention that they expel a sure hell of a lot more than 3 arrows per minute. They did not have a button they could push that would summon 100 of the best arrows in 6 seconds. The Tolan bracer used to summon arrows but they were a low end arrow that was quickly made obsolete by newer better arrows.
    I will never stop thinking the complaints about berserker axes is pathetic.
    The only thing that is even worth a tiny gripe is that Composite Rage uses old Axes of the Mangler rather than new Axes of the Vindicator, but as I said, you can only hit Composite Rage once a minute. It would take you 1 hour and 40 minutes to run out of those axes, that you could summon 100 more in 12 seconds.
    Vaniddar, Zynt and Nennius like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ah my Ranger buddy was telling me Porkie Pies then.

Okay in that case I bloody do want "Endless Axes" :p Zerker abilities chew through enough anyway.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Fintank Augur

Same thing I posted last time this silly complaint came up. Maybe something will happen if enough people ask for the appropriate thing. I'd imagine it'd be easier to give this widely used AA to Berserkers more than it would be to change a multitude of different things.
    [IMG]
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Does that AA reduces arrows being eaten by ranger "arrow spells"?

Berserkers get an AA called Axemaker's Effeciency to reduce component use upon summoning axes by up to 50% but an additional one to reduce abilities using up an axe might be nice.

But I'd still want Endless Axes for when I am throwing them at mobs as a ranged attack, maybe even if it requires a crafted Throwing Axe rather than the summoned ones.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

Of the various things I want changed/improved, this ranks below "rename the combat abilities/disciplines with more discernible pedigrees." Something I want, but it's very low priority.

I understand that not all berserkers today were around before axes stacked to 100 or when 10-slot bags were the standard, so I understand the demand/desire. I was around then, though. So summoning 500 axes in ~30 seconds is pretty darn cool. And keeping 4,000+ axes in a bag is pretty darn cool as well.

Ya, it's annoying that right now, at max level/progression, we have to use two different types of axes. But that's how berserkers have been for the majority of their levels. It's the cost of business and it's one that I never think about because I remember the previous cost.
    Maedhros and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

He's technically correct if he's spending hours upon hours crafting tiny amounts of Shadowspike Arrows but that seems unlikely.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Why should Zerkers get special treatment regarding throwing/ammo items? No other throwing/archery items stack to 1000, so why should the Zerker axes stack that high? You can already carry components that stack to 1000 and easily create them as needed. There is zero reason that this should be done at all.
    Maedhros and Nennius like this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think zerkers should get "special treatment" myself either, that's why I advocated Rangers, Monks & Rogues to get arrows, shurikens & knives stacking to 1k as well.
    Zynt likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could it just be that they don’t agree with what is being asked for and don’t want to make a change?
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Zolav Augur

Then what the heck would I do with that bag space!

This has been a pet peeve of Driz's for years! I get it and I support you cause your awesome bro! Ignore the hate on the page they are weak feeble creatures.

........Runs away laughing in 3 million dps...
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shocking! Heresy! Ummm...could be.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not making a change = less work, if something is less work that's always a popular choice in my experience.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

17. Twohandslash New Member

As a Zerker .... it's not hard to summon axes before raids. I summon an entire 44 slot bag full of axes before raids. Takes like 3 - 5 minutes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Ozon Augur

Thanks did not know about these, now I can go make a few stacks for the rare times I do use archery!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This arrow is part of a quest. You can make 1. Then you need to repeat the quest. To make 1 more. Any ranger who would do this to use this arrow on a repeat basis is playing the wrong game.

And if you read a couple posts above yours it was already mentioned
    He's technically correct if he's spending hours upon hours crafting tiny amounts of Shadowspike Arrows but that seems unlikely.

For the record I think zerkers should have like a nasty, raggedy, smelly backpack that would be like an endless quiver.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Incorrect. The quest provides the mold for the Shadowspike Arrow Tip, which does not get consumed. You would need to farm the essences in the undead tomb area for the component, the rest are basically storebought or enchanter summoned.

You need only do the quest once for the recipes and the mold. But I digress, that's still a stupid amount of time on crafting them for something you're likely going to use thousands of in a raid event.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.