YOU NEED TO FIX CHAT CHANNELS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Malbro, May 23, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

You really need to fix them, just lost them on the Zlandicar raid. 5/23/21 4pm or so
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Bump for poor Malbro and any others STILL experiencing problems with chat MONTHS after the fact.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bumping posts can be considered spam per the rules so try to avoid bumping. Just click "like" if you want to add to the bug report.
  4. Donna DeGroot New Member

1 of my chat windows (group) will randomly disappear when I zone or log off.
    Not always but frequently.
    Is this what this link is about?

Here is what Daybreak suggested to me. I have not tried this yet.
    Seems like a lot of work amd I am worried that I might make a mistake.
    Any Thoughts?

You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:
    (Please know that these backups are necessary to help restore any custom UI settings)

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName><ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI
    <CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
    ================================================
  5. Malbro Augur

That is their standard answer to anything. I've don that many times and it never fixed anything.
  6. charla Lorekeeper

my chats have degraded a lot over recent weeks and are now ALWAYS down. ALL chats. its incredibly difficult to raid without them properly.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Who is Summul and why are they showing as the channel owner for the general chat on the Rathe when I use the ;oplist command?