Mischief has 2-3x more people than Thornblade - can xfer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rapala, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think the order matters. Did you leave whatever one it put you in, then work on getting into General first, and then General1, General2, etc, in that order?

If I'm in General2 and try to join General I get the message I posted earlier and it doesn't work.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

So many people crying about the population of Thornblade and stuff. It has been out 9 days. If you want to be on mischief, make a toon there. You have time to hit 50 before kunark.
  3. Rapala Journeyman

Thornblade lguk has 3 picks primetime on a friday night... this server is screwed.
  4. Trey Elder

Given the chance I'd get off Thornblade ASAP. The pop is way too small.

Right now at 8:30 PM Central USTZ there is one guy flagged lfg from lvl 18 through 24.
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

There is an option of a more populated and a less populated server, which permits people to make a choice to go to the server that has the population to suit their respective play style. Each of us took a crap shoot when the servers launched whether the server would be what they want (same with picking brand new guilds) and it has not paid off for some folk.

What is confusing to me is that there is a rather vocal group here that seems to be lobbying for everyone to have to uproot because their individual crap shoot did not pay out, so everyone would have to accept two identical servers, rather than re-rolling or waiting for the merger.

I, like a lot of people that I have talked to, enjoy a server that is no bursting at the seams with humanity and for those worried about the future of the server, it's Mischief/Thornblade along a long enough timeline.
  6. Rapala Journeyman

In the title of this post is says "xfer" not "merge". I just want the ability to transfer to mischief, not asking to uproot anyone.
  7. Machen New Member

No. I stayed in General2, and joined General, then joined General3, then joined General4. The only thing that matters is whether the channel you are trying to join is capped at 400. If so, just keep trying--when someone leaves, if you are the next person to try to join, you will get in.
  8. Captain Video Augur

If you had looked at the DPG website, you might have found this link:

Where can I find EverQuest character transfer instructions? – Help Home (daybreakgames.com)

Based on the general rules described therein, you could apply to Customer Service for a paid transfer from Thornblade to Mischief as soon as the character to be transferred is at least 30 days old and at least level 20. I say again... it is much faster to re-roll.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You'll need to wait until the devs have decided to allow mergers between the two servers, these are dependent upon them changing the "list" that has to be done manually to amend which servers may transfer to where.

Good luck though, I suspect with a merger already tentatively planned/on the cards they may opt to do that before they choose to open transfers, and that will depend on when they think the populations are low enough to justify that.
  10. Rapala Journeyman

If I had looked at the DPG website? You mean like... send a ticket and request if transfers are available yet? Something like that?

Game Master

Yesterday at 14:57

Greetings Adventurer,

Unfortunately, transfers between Mischief or Thornblade are not currently available. This is not something we can over-ride on our end either. Check back in the future to see if it becomes available at a later date.

Regards,

Game Master Serl

Daybreak Game Company, LLC

[EQ] Official Forums
  11. Captain Video Augur

So you think if you keep posting on here, you'll get a different answer?
  12. Rapala Journeyman

Keep posting? Mean like once?
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is going to seem weird, but if you had tried to join General1 when you were in General2 it would have said: You are already in the channel or one of the auto-spawned sub-channels.

Since you joined General instead of General1 you didn't get the message. It's inconsistent, but I went back to my post and checked and that is the only time I got that message. Must be something unique about that combination. It's like they intended to prevent joining multiples but the code only works on certain scenarios, like maybe if you try to join the -1 of what you are in.

I will run some tests today and see if I can determine a pattern.
  14. Zinkeh Augur

Thornblade, from a grouping and future raiding perspective is worrisome. There are few tanks, almost no healers. Hell there are barely any druids. Everyone and their mother made a made a necro, mage, monk or bard. Every camp you attempt to visit has a Mage or mage army sitting there all day long. They need to merge servers far sooner than later as right now Thornblade is little more than a giant box fest. Futhermore more and more Macaroni quest people are showing up and you can catch them screwing up and barking bot command lines in new player chats. There were 4 of them this morning alone.

A lot of folks hit thornblade because we wanted a lower pop, quieter server. A huge portion is trying to play eq as if it's a 1 player game.
  15. Zinkeh Augur

Yeah, the tunnel during primetime should be hopping. There were 43 people in the auction channel last night. No one is grouping as there are almost none of the appropriate classes being played outside of pet classes and a bard or druid for transport.
  16. Lumiens Augur

They didn't want to make two TLPs, they said it would be stable with one since they have made huge improvements since Aradune. People still cried and argued for a second server, they gave in and listened, now everyone is complaining that they made the second server?
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Not me. I am fine with two servers. I just am starting to hate sitting in ECT to auction stuff.
  18. Weaps Journeyman

Given you have already gotten the answer to your question via both petition and the community but are still vehemently arguing something perhaps you should consider giving up on both Mischief and Thornblade and just rolling permanently on forumquest?
    Stymie and Gnothappening like this.
  19. Bardy McFly Augur

Open up boxing on Thornblade and allow free transfers to Mischief for those that don't want it.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. It's been a week. X-D
  20. HighFiveGuy New Member

I just rerolled. Thornblade feels like a sinking boat.