Arbitrary Suspension

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tackk, May 27, 2021.

1. Tackk New Member

I took 3 days of vacation time from work to enjoy the launch, and have never had an issue in my past 15 years playing everquest. I'm literally devastated, and don't know what to do.

I was boxing an SK/CLR in unrest FP today.

The monk was splitting the camp by fding in the hallway up there. The group in MR, moved to the stairway, and picked up aggro from the hallway. It was an accident (legit), and much much worse has happened to us in the past, present, and certainly the future. Fast forward 10 mins. My box cleric who had NOTHING to do with the situation is suspended for 7 days randomly.

Fast forward 5 mins after I petition.

Greetings,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question was suspended for 7 days for training. We are confident in our findings and the account was not suspended in error.

All reports of this nature are investigated to determine the validity of the report, and if our findings warrant disciplinary action, it is taken in accordance with policy at the discretion of the investigating GM.

Please refrain from continuing this behavior when the suspension is lifted, as additional violations of this nature may result in further account action.

What are the EverQuest Rules of Conduct?
    Lead GM Emwon
    Daybreak Games
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. TheGoblin Elder

Training in any form is something they instant ban on launches especially. A group could move into your pull path, sit down get aggro and report you and you would lose.

You can try to appeal, but if they have recordings of them getting aggro from one of your pulls, you won't win.
  3. Karreck Somebody

What I love about posts like these is that they will pretty much stay one sided. Daybreak doesn't come to the forums to post their side, because they don;t have to, so the original accuser can pretty much make whatever claim they want.
    It's always funny to watch the whine.
    Stymie and Vindicator like this.
  4. Tackk New Member

What could I have done? I was not doing anything other then heal my group. I had nothing to do with any accidental aggro. Why would just my cleric get suspended?
  5. Tackk New Member

Not so funny when it happens to you : (
  6. Karreck Somebody

It doesn't happen to me. I don't train.
  7. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I'm really confused as to what your CLERIC would have done to train that wouldn't have happened on the monk, SK, etc. ;p
  8. Lineater Augur

Why did you petition?
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

To appeal his cleric's suspension, do try to keep up.

10. KrakenReality Augur

They probably just identified the wrong character. In all fairness, they probably just got hit with a storm surge of tickets.
  11. Lineater Augur

"Appealed" would have been clearer. Saying that he "petitioned" makes it sound like he started a ticket with support/GM's.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Situations like this is why when I am boxing I don't "camp" I move through the zone attacking & keeping targets close to their spawn points, for the most part, if an OOC camp-check call goes out out I say something like "clearing all the rooms in west of building" if not I just leap-frog whatever room/mobs other groups attack & work around them, conflict is minimalised, some folks will get shorty saying this is their camp & if they were there first I'll kill elsewhere if not I will tell them they are late to the party & they can either get out of my way or they can leapfrog like I do - I am happy to share a space, if they start trying to kill-steal then it's on and I am pretty good at not losing DPS races.

This is mostly an adaptation because I am so used to DPS racing on mobs that any target your group is not AT you will lose to kill-stealing. It also avoids most of the "cross Aggro" that can happen by pulling mobs to a camp.
    A very full room I may need to split-pull I adapt but basically this is how I play on TLP.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

But petition is exactly what he did, so yes he did raise a ticket with a GM, he wouldn't have gotten a response otherwise.

Maybe you need more coffee.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I think most boxers (on Phinny anyway) do it that way. I get annoyed with my melees being out of position when on autofollow so I prefer to set up camp and pull to there. I lose a named now and then but it's usually when the tank got killed and I've been rezzing/rebuffing.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah the issues around auto-follow are 100% a bloody annoyance when boxing this way but camping is something I only rarely ever do, and that's usually just a temporary stop while I split pull with my Bard. /follow the tank and Max shrink helps a ton with making sure your melee are within range of the tank's target, I melee with shaman all the time anyway.
    samenye and Bardy McFly like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I definitely max shrink. I'm struggling so bad on Mischief being ogre-sized.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. FrodeEQ Journeyman

I'm sure perhaps the affected group has a different view on what happened. Critical info often gets a miss when stories are shared here. I sympathize with what happened with you, but this is one side of the story. What I do lament, is the single sidedness of a suspension.

They should come forward to you, briefly discuss and give an opportunity to defend your position against what the GM in less than 35 seconds probably in the craze of ticket load thought and concluded. Or at least some relevant dialog over a generic message basically saying "though luck, deal wit it".

In addition, suspensions should match the offense. For clearly a light / (greyzone) accidental event it should have been something like 4 hours. Would still hurt enough at launch, 7 days at launch of a server is a proverbial death sentence for the character.
  18. samenye Lorekeeper

Yes agree. "Accidental Train in UR" isn't exactly news.

I'd have thought intentional training required a higher bar than this, such as laughing over your corpse afterwards.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

The harsh reality is that all you can do is wait for the suspension to be lifted.

(Assuming there isn't more to the story, which there probably is since Unrest is as Toxic as Chernobyl.)

Camp's don't exist and the above statement admits that your group (doesn't matter who) was responsible for disrupting the other group regardless of intent.
  20. Nyvlag Elder

^^ This.

Zone disruption and training, whether intentional or not, is one of the few things these days that *WILL* get you banned. All it takes is one report.
    Bullsnooze likes this.