Enchanter nerf from last TLP still active?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nymm, May 27, 2021.

1. Nymm Journeyman

Sorry if this has been asked before but, I believe it was the last TLP in which there was a nerf to enchanter pet damage. Is that still active on Everquest? Is it on all servers?
  2. Hythos Augur

-20%(? I think is what it was), and as far as I have seen, that is current.
    Nymm likes this.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Sigh. I guess nothing changes. The nerf bat is alive and well, yet thousands of outstanding bugs remained unfixed like awful pathing in Crushbone, NPCs backstabbing while facing you, gnolls in Blackburrow fleeing at 49% health and agroing the entire zone.

Are their patch notes that documents this nerf?
  4. Febb Augur

Yes, where all the other patch notes are at.
    Nickatropolis and Skuz like this.
  5. Captain Video Augur

Not a bug, it's worked that way since launch. As anyone who has actually played the game would know.
  6. NoMoreTLPs Journeyman

lol, Enchanters are still BY FAR the highest DPS and most desired class in any group content in the game

They're still the most OP class, the damage nerf should have been greater than -20%, so no need to cry about it
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I've played since April 1999 off and on. This is news to me. I don't recall gnolls fleeing at 49% health back in the day. If they did, it's silly, ridiculous, and terrible game design and should be fixed. Fippy Darkpaw who sacrifices his life for the Darkpaw Clan thousands of times a day would be ashamed of the cowardly gnolls in Blackburrow.

If it's such a good thing, why not make all mobs in EQ flee at 49% hit points?

In 1999 you could not cast Spirit of the Wolf buff indoors but they have since changed that because it was a silly and arbitrary restriction. You also had to look at your spell book while meditating and they changed that. You couldn't ALT TAB out of EQ either. Are you going also going defend those original restrictions too and ask DBG to bring them back?

Most non-undead mobs typically flee about when they reach 10% of their hit points. That makes sense. Fleeing at 49% does not make sense especially in Blackburrow which is used primarily by lower level characters who would typically not be as skilled as higher level players.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Other mobs in other zones do flee at 49%. Some flee at 20%. Some flee at whenever they feel like. Some will flee if they're fighting alone, but if there are one or more NPC adds in the battle, they won't flee at all, they'll fight to the death for their comrades. Learning these things is part of playing the game. If you want to play, the game works the way it does. They're not going to completely re-design it to suit the personal whims of one player.

I never seem to have any trouble navigating Blackburrow. It's a nice zone to level for anyone starting in Qeynos.
  9. Ultrazen Augur

The truly dumb thing about BB, is that there are no classes anywhere near there that have access to snare lol. Given what classes you can roll in that part of the world, BB should have been an undead dungeon. It is good for the pure comedic/Benny Hill aspect of the place though.
  10. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

What are you talking about? Druids and necros can start nearby and many classes have root to combat the running. If you are dying to fleeing mobs in BB, idk what to tell you
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Arclyte Augur

I am amazed at how far people will go to make an already trivial game even easier
  12. Airdoggity New Member

Did you happen to play as Brontus in April 1999?
    Brontus likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

I don't say this often, but Captain Video is right. Even in 1999 we knew not to go to Blackburrow without snare.
  14. Loze Elder

From what I've seen (and granted I've hunted in Blackburrow like 3 times in 22 years) There's a level range where mobs will flee early. If you're level 50 fighting a level 15 fleeing mob, it runs early. If you're 15, it flees at 20%.

Edit: And by fighting, I mean aggroing. Like a level 50 OOG druid heals a level 15 and gets on the low level mob's aggro table, it flees early.
    Machen likes this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

As one example off the top of my head (low-level players can see this on Live, the TLPs will take a while to get there):

The alligators in the lake at Crescent Reach will flee at 49% if you don't snare or root them. It's amusing to watch the gators run across the grass to the city gate where the guards will duly dispatch them.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Yes, that's me. I played a blonde human paladin with an eyepatch. Some of my best friends were brothers in RL who played paladins Utarg and Grimsword. They played with their younger brother too. I believe it was on Veeshan server if I'm not mistaken. I had very fond memories of those amazing times!
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Key is to only fight the gnolls that are same or higher level as you. They run at normal 10% or whatever.