Mangler strategy for casuals?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parker, May 25, 2021.

1. Parker Elder

Super excited for this server especially the random loot and non no drop gear. I don’t have as much free time as in my 20s ironically lol so trying to think through gearing up strategies....this is really a fun part of eq to me even though loot has never been a big deal to me.

So what I’m thinking is winning rolls in pugs then selling to allow us casuals to buy the gear we need, is the best/only option here? I’m sure at some point I’d like to raid again and will acquire gear there as well but outside of that what do y’all think , any strategies I’m not hip to I’ve been gone so long?
  2. Parker Elder

Blah meant Mischief
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Make money any way you can, buy stuff you want. Try to know what is new gear and what is old gear, also raid versus group gear. Try to get the best deals you can, sell what you don't need, buy what you do. Not much else you can do except join a raid guild and bid with a similar strategy.
  4. Parker Elder

Hi Kylo, not sure what I wrote that warranted such a response but hope you have a good day.
  5. Parker Elder

Thanks Niskin, so pretty similar to what I was thinking. Will defiant gear exist on Mischief?
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Eventually, yes. I think it comes with the TSS expansion even though that's earlier than it did originally. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

It does, but only the first few tiers, then each tier releases as expansions go. So you won't get the req75 or w/e stuff dropping when the level cap is 75.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I can summarize a strategy for you in just two words.

Have fun.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1. Join a guild ASAP.

"Batphone" guilds get a bad rap but as a casual these can actually be your best option early on as they tend to be huge & have a lot of activity going on all day long, some will possibly be active almost 24/7 early on which will allow you to take part in a lot of groups, a lot of raid events & potentially bag plenty of loot along the way rather quickly and that can be great if your play times are typically at odd hours.

2. Play as much as you possibly can when each expansion unlocks

Especially important if you plan to raid as "keying" for raid zones is started as soon as the expansions unlock.
    The group scene will be super-active on unlock & last a week or two at most before getting less & less active, week before an unlock it will be pretty quest as people slack off before the next expansion opens.