If Server First 50 is on Thornblade Does it even Count?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dmitry, May 25, 2021.

1. Dmitry Elder

There will be far fewer crashes and shorter queues over there. There will even be less competition for the optimal path.

Do we just call it the Division 2 Server first or some other title?
  2. Celestian Elder

Does server first count at all, anywhere? LOL.
  3. Dmitry Elder

If there is a bigger nerd crown in the history of nerdom, I don't know it.
    andross77 and Loze like this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Well since it's a "server first" and it's not the same server as Mischief, I think the question is moot.
    Warbanzi and Nickatropolis like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

The only one that counts is the first player to hit 50 on both servers.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

7. Lejaun Augur

I mean....I guess it counts? If its the server first, its the server first. There will be one on Mischief and there will be one on Thornblade.

I'm sure you meant servers first between the two. Personally, I think its a neat accomplishment but not necessarily fair. There is a massive advantage to whomever can log in first and get their group going. Once they get a good head start, unless they wipe, pull slow, sleep, or just didn't plan their path well, they are going to get first.

I'd assume that if there are any serious race to 50 people on Thornblade, they will win the race between the two servers unless they screw it up. The chances of them being able to log on their static group first, have less lag and competition will be tough to beat.

There are essentially going to be a tiny asterisk next to their name that designates they were able to log on first.

A true, real race would have them have the exact same conditions in the race, where the winner came down to skill and stamina and planning. Kind of impossible to equal those things out, though, for a "server or servers first" accomplishment.

Grats regardless to whomever wins on each server and both servers overall. That's a big burst of EQ playing and isn't easy to accomplish.

(Real G's will delete their character on a stream like Zaide did on server first)
  8. Triconix Augur

I remember my first 50. I was 10 years old. How's that put the "accomplishment" into perspective?
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Wtfagain Elder

There was a TLP with Mangler XP and Free Trade out when you were 10? Tell us more!
  10. Tachyon Augur

Pointless! Can't remember any server first in the last 20+ years.
  11. Triconix Augur

Didn't know mangler released in 2000.
  12. WokeCat Augur

If the first person to hit 50 uses Kronos and/or XP potions, does it still count?
  13. Kylo Classic Augur

Your friends Grandma?
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

So many garbage threads.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Dunamys New Member

Thank you.