Let's make Thornblade the EU/AUS/ASIA server - bring long life to Thornblade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Duckforceone, May 15, 2021.

1. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

So without any info on character transfers, and only a possible merger in earliest summer 2022 or summer 2023 if the server is dead, i think we as a community need to work together to make Thornblade a successful server.

It could be done, if we could persuade most of the guilds from EU and Australia and Asia to join up. And if we actively do great things on the server, together, we can even attract new return players to the server and thereby keeping it alive for a lot longer.

This will ensure a good spread of people on both servers, and a longer and healthier life of both.
    Brontus, Skuz and Troubadurix like this.
  2. brickz Augur

what would be the point of not picking the overall more popular server as those time zones? you're not on during peak hours so potential queue times are not a concern
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

it's not mostly about the queue times. It's also about server health and making both servers a success instead of making 1 server a hot mess and another server a sad place to be stuck.
  4. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

What is best? One healthy server with long queuetimes - or two healthy servers with smaller queuetimes?
  5. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

This seems lile a very good proposal. :)

I live in EU, and although having a family, I can easily prioritize things so I can play/raid EU times. US times would mean having to be up at 1-4am which is impossible if you have a job. :)

I second this.
  6. Sycopata Elder

I live in europa and sems more viable to me raid in USA time than in "EU" guild times, have no idea how EU players can raid from 19PM to 22PM and have a family
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  7. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Raiding on Lockjaw with an US guild was a nightmare. for hours and raid from 2am - 8am.
    After transfer to RF, joining an EU/AUS/ASIA guild, raids started to be fun.

First have to see, which server has "less face" and more collegiality, then jump in.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  8. Appren Gnomercy

Work+sleep+family+US raid times = does not compute
  9. Sycopata Elder

prepare dinner, bathe the children, put them to sleep, in my adult life free time begins at 22PM which is when the raids in the European clans end
  10. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

I see your point :) however, many who has families ans such, have no problems getting it to work. So... /shrug

What answers did you get? :)
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lots watching the thread to see what everyone does lol
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EU/AUS/ASIAN on Thornblade is the way to go to avoid queues - USA will have enough players they can afford to be split across 2 servers but the small population regions risk being too small to survive until the merger happens if they split.
    Kumiko_Lockjaw and KrakenReality like this.
  13. Kharneth New Member

I think this is a great idea.
  14. Machen New Member

This is true no matter what time zone you live in.
    Crabman likes this.
  15. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I have the worst time zone - at least Aussies have like 9 other players in their time zone :p

India sucks for MMORPGs heh - neither US nor EU nor Oceanic....good thing is my time is off peak for practically everyone else in EQ, sucks for grouping etc though - unless I find some North Americans who play from 6 to 9 AM their time, or the odd European who plays in their afternoons :p
  16. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Thats me. Raids in the evening. Group fun at afternoons :D (4pm - 11pm CET)
  17. Davo The Bard

Looking like there will be at least one AU/Asia timezone guild on Thornblade ... and none announced for Mischief.
    Seems to be the best idea to get all the AU/Asia players in the same place.
    More groups for all :D

Davo
    The Bard
  18. Denn RG Journeyman

Lemmings going to Mischief.
  19. twisti99 New Member

Sounds like a good idea. I was heading to Thornblade anyway so the timezone suits.
  20. Sansvisage New Member

Is there any Aussie guilds likely to move to Mischief from other TLPs. I know there is any Aussie group starting on thiornblade but I really had my heart set on being on Mischief as some of my US friends are going to be there for occasional weekend grouping.