Congrats Coirnav clearing Underfoot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SteamFox, May 16, 2021.

1. SteamFox Augur

Grats Coirnav! Expansion was a doozy but has some fun encounters for sure!
    Dahaman, Skuz and Karreck like this.
  2. Koniku Elder

Congrats thats one of the most fun xpacs
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Congrats.
  4. Aegir Augur

Congratulations!
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

All downhill from here boys.
  6. SoandsoForumUser Augur

10 months out till Underfoot on Mangler.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Underfoot is a brutal gear check expac, as even group trash had a huge ramp up in damage as compared to previous expacs. And this is coming from someone that experienced the initial launch of GoD.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

UF was a lot of fun, but it was almost universally regarded as being quite brutal for group & raid content, if you didn't have a solid group it could prove to be very frustrating.

Pre re-tune GoD was worse but not by a whole lot.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Lateryn Augur

Underfoot spoiled everyone. iirc that was that one that gave double loot. Basically everyone had bis coming out of it, even on 1 month unlock.
  10. Poem New Member

TBL would like a word with you.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Honestly I found TBL easier than UF by quite a margin, quite a large chunk of the expansion was me & a SK buddy with his shaman box.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

UF was a breath of fresh air and seeing the positive vibes in this thread really lends credence to the idea that we really need to make tlps "harder "... even if that is just removing all the player power creep.

My favorite part of UF was actually having to think again in group content, whereas the new tlp launching will just be a race to train your group and mow everything down with not much regard to thought...
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Underfoot was enjoyable if you had been able to find a spot in a solid group, if you did not you were shut out of progression pretty much, or you needed some key players to run the missions on repeat till they were blue in the face from it to get the ones left behind through it.

Early TLP expansions are definitely affected by power-creep but I wouldn't laud UF as the model to go by as the default, a mix of the occasional Hard expansion like UF with some less brutal ones works well but if they were all as brutal as UF the game would be shooting itself in the foot and making players give up in frustration too much.

If I were to pick a "perfectly balanced" group game Expansion to set as the mid-point I would cite House of Thule as the very best grouping content expansion I have seen out of all of the post-PoP content.
    Froger likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

TBL can have a seat. I dont think anything in TBL came close to hitting as hard as UF. Apexus Enforcer anyone? lmao

TBL also had overall worse raids (other than mearatas) than UF.

Grats Coirnav. There are quite a few good expacs coming up, I enjoyed UF the most though.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

It's a shame HoT is probably bottom 3 worst raiding expacs. The group game is so fantastic.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Karliv Journeyman

Apexus Enforcer, or Summoner Netikos, or ... yeah, definitely a healthy list of super jerk group nameds.

HoT raids being among the worst - based on previous responses, my understanding is that it isn't about difficulty, or at least, not 'solvable' difficulty ... so either too easy, or hard in un-fun ways (Cunning Plan comes to mind as an unenjoyable encounter, for example).
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Nothing in HoT is incredibly difficult. Maybe Miraguls because of how its set up, but its not really difficult.
  18. Mithra Augur

You can 2box+2merc 100% of HoT group content so some of the missions could be tuned up.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I didn't like HoT raiding so much with so many "push you all over the place" mechanics getting so over-used that they pissed me off, some of the events were fun though.

Not sure I would put it as low as among the worse 3 myself but it really wasn't great .
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I 3 boxed with a Merc tank & they seemed to be mostly tuned about right, a couple were a tad too easy maybe. If you had a raid geared tank then sure they would be fairly faceroll but tuning group missions for that is stupid.