Enchanter nerfs since Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grenlar, May 16, 2021.

1. Grenlar Journeyman

I stopped playing during the Pop expansion on Mangler and my main was an Enchanter. I keep hearing about Enchanter changes/nerfs that have happened since then but don't know exactly what they are. I know about the recent AE stun nerf with them all sharing a cooldown now. Was there also a nerf to charmed pets? What were the other nerfs and how much did they actually effect gameplay. I played most of my Mangler time as an Enchanter/Cleric/Ranger trio with my wife often playing the Cleric. We didn't do AE groups. So what changes can I expect?
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Most names are now charm immune
    Most charm pets have a slightly educed max hit
    Charm is no longer dispel able by someone else (or maybe people in your group still can, just not OOG?)
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Grenlar Journeyman

Thanks, I guess I will just have to try and see how much different it is and if I still enjoy the class. I never did anything on Mangler short of raids without a charmed pet.
  4. Velog New Member

It is still the most OP class by far on TLP.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Be honest, a good charm pet is greater than a monk dps wise.
  6. Barder-mangler Augur

You can also no longer use call of the hero with charm (it'll break), which imo was a stupid decision after they blocked charming rare/named mobs already, it was just QOL.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

If by TLP you only Classic and Kunark then yes they're the second best Class behind Necros.
  8. Sycopata Elder

The enchanter is awersome class, but have a hi problem, you have to deal with people breaking mezzs, focusing your pet each time a charm break, doting your pets or debuffing it, and the more anoing ... people asking about how bad are charm , and how you waste the healer mana to heal you each time charm breaks. And the final price, everyone want CL but no one tip for it, sems people love tip for a port, but think CL cost no mana.
  9. Nykara2 Elder

No one ever pays for SOW or damage shields either. And for Chanters I'm sure thatll change when KEI comes into effect.
  10. Grenlar Journeyman

I had KEI early and I can tell you that most people did tip for KEI. I never asked for tips but never turned them down. I can tell you that KEI and Blessing of Aego paid for the price I spent to get BoA early within a couple days. Everyone tipped and most tipped well.
    Nykara2 likes this.
  11. Mattling Elder

It's an OP leveling class in a game that has trivial leveling. You'll get to max level in 3 days instead of 4, congratulations. You'll be rerolling within a year.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  12. wade_watts Augur

Be sure to buff your charm pet with MR buffs and gear so that it will resist the attempts to be dispelled by griefers.
    Appren likes this.
  13. a_librarian Augur

Having a cleric around helps compensate for the nerfs a lot, especially the stun nerf. I'd consider it even more essential than it already was. The damage nerf is merely annoying, not game changing. You can at least gear out your pet with haste and high damage proc weapons to make up for it.
    Ronzark likes this.
  14. Baratu New Member

Charm pet damage was reduced by 20%.
    Ronzark likes this.
  15. Ronzark Augur

As Baratu said, charm pet damage was reduced by 20%... AND the more important change is that all of the color flux line stuns are all on the same timer... so no more stun lock. This is only in effect until Luclin though. After that, both are eliminated. So Chanters are still charm gods PoP and after, but it makes AE groups much tougher.
  16. Grenlar Journeyman

I think i'll be just fine. I never really did AE groups. I generally 3 boxed Enc/Clr/Rng and then filled the rest of the group with friends. The damage reduction with charms might hurt a little but as you said, it doesn't appear to have much difference in PoP. Last night I logged into PoP for the first time since PoP and went into Tactics with my 65 Enchanter and Cleric. Charmed the first mob I saw and proceeded to wipe the whole top area around the pit in a couple minutes without any other dps. Seemed just fine to me and just as OP as they always were.

I guess we'll see how the damage reduction affects the earlier expansions and grouping.
  17. Baratu New Member

You'll barely notice the reduction at all. If anything it just demonstrates how ridiculous charm pet dps was before, because it's still ridiculous now.
  18. coltongrundy Augur

In typical daybreak fashion, they double nerf something when a single change would have solved the problem.