Berserker Epic 1.5 Pre-Quest (Cannot be Completed at High Levels)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IRKodama, May 16, 2021.

1. IRKodama New Member

The problem is that Broken Skull Armsmaster npc must be brought under 20% Hp, the zerker must trigger their War Cry combat ability, and then kill the mob. Except for any kill shot ability or banestrike instantly does +100% of the npc's hp and you don't get credit, nor the Fine Steel Net drop.

Even if the zerk is naked, no weapon, @ lvl 108 with a hand to hand skill of 5; they will still proc banestrike instantly killing the npc and lose credit for the kill and there is no way to turn off banestrike.

One fix that would be popular would be to make banestrike a skill that can be Enabled and Disabled through AA.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or the fix would be to just do the full epic run at high levels and not mess with a pre quest.

I see a lot of posts about players having issues with pre quests and I don't quite see why anyone is bothering with them when you can run thru epic 1 very easily.

Unless your on TLP I guess.

Edit: banestrike used to be something we could activate during a fight but they took that away and made it automatic so I doubt they would bring it back to be player controlled.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you haven't completed epic 1.0 & 2.0 by L85 I have zero sympathy for such a chronic amount of slackness.

That said finishing blow will cause you problems even if Banestrike was able to be toggled.

The way to do this is turn away from the mob, let your ds from click items etc take the npc down the % that you need do your cry then finish it.
  4. Dalsina Lunrais

Just bring his life down slowly with low level combat abilities. (Turning away from him so you dont riposte)
    Skuz likes this.
  5. IRKodama New Member

Thank you Dalsina and Skuz, your suggestion got me thinking and I was able to complete this part of the quest using the following method...

1) Removed my weapon
    2) Druid thorns
    3) Placed my back to the NPC
    4) Used Kick/Slam (low skill abilities that do under 100 dmg) to get some physical damage credit
    5) Constantly sat down so that the mob could hit me and take thorns damage
    6) Trigger "War Cry" after the npc emote
    7) Let thorns take the npc to zero/dead
    8) Was granted a "Fine Steel Net" on my cursor and not via the standard loot
    NatazzEvoli, Yinla and Skuz like this.