Same Account... Different Keybinds? (Is It Possible??)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by UndeadBob, May 6, 2021.

1. UndeadBob Journeyman

Hello,

As the thread title may indicate, I am curious if there is any way to have different keybinds for different characters on the same account. I main a rogue and have my buttons set up just the way I’d like them to be. When I log onto my warrior (which I am trying to raid with as well), I am forced to use the same keybinds that I have set up for my rogue, or to change everything and change it all over again when I get back on my rogue. I know the ways I’d like to change the buttons for my warrior (and other toons), but using the rogue keybind setup for a warrior is an awful lot like trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole.

Is there any way at all to get around this rather debilitating limitation? I have heard something about opening a separate version of EQ, one designated for each toon? but I am not a tech wizard and have yet to find an adequate explanation of how EXACTLY to accomplish this. All of my efforts thus far have been thwarted.

Is it possible to do? In any way, shape, or form... if so a step by step procedure on how to pull it off would be very greatly appreciated! (boxing is not an option)

Or am I simply SOL...
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Having a separate copy of the EQ client is the only way I know.

Find your EQ icon. Right click it, then choose Open file location
    Click the Up Arrow in the Explorer window that appears.
    You will be looking at your Everquest folder. If it is not selected (blue highlight bar), then single-click to select it.
    Right-click the selected folder, click Copy
    Left-click in an open space near the Everquest folder, this would be inside the Explorer window. This should de-select the Everquest folder.
    Now right-click the same open space, and choose Paste

You should now have an Everquest folder, and an Everquest - Copy folder. Select the one that says Copy, and hit the F2 key. Change the name to something different, like Everquest Rogue or whatever.

Now double-click the new folder. Find LaunchPad.exe and right-click it, then click Copy
    Then go to your desktop, right-click in an open space and choose Paste Shortcut
    Select the new shortcut, hit F2 give it a name.

Now you have two EQ shortcuts, use one for each. There may be an easier way to do this, but this was the best way I could explain it clearly.
  3. UndeadBob Journeyman

Thank you sooo much @Niskin!! This worked perfectly! I am in your debt! =D
    Niskin likes this.