please make a boxing mischief clone server ,rizlona his a sucess.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by back to eq, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Celestian Elder

Thats not really what I meant. I was hoping if they did have a "boxer" server they would "not allow it" or "limit it" on the other like they have elsewhere.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Can you explain this better, I'm not following what your trying to say.
  3. SunDrake Augur

That's the thing. They can't 'not allow it' or 'limit it' - they can offer True Box, which gives the illusion of a level playing field, but its not. Look at all the complaints that have followed True Box on every server. It isn't no box, anyone who wants to gain an advantage can spend less than a couple hours to figure out how to get around that mechanism. The number of players who take this route has grown with each server release. There are also a whole lot of experienced EQ players that can legitimately True Box, very well, and they'll still trigger the people who think everyone only plays one character like they do. You just figure out what other players are doing, and then figure out what you want to do based on that information. After Rizlona, its my opinion that True Box *does* foster an early EQ environment that I prefer, but in no way does it stop people who are there to break the rules.

Edit: and if this wasn't clear: the toxic boxers would have no reason to choose the boxing server. They'd be on the True Box server.
  4. Celestian Elder

I get that, it would only give the players a method to report folks that are obviously all train following/etc. I dunno, I've not played EQ on a heavily boxed server I just am hoping that they dont make playing difficult for us normals ;)
  5. Celestian Elder

Sorta like the Aradune server where they are limited to 2.
  6. SunDrake Augur

I understand that, for sure. I think the server will be popular enough that you'll be able to find plenty people who also want what you want, without issue. The server timeline also has the potential to have far more players go further than they've previously been on TLPs, too. PoP in 8 months, with free trade. Allows some options for how you wanna play.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you want a non truebox boxing allowed but limited to 2 server. Like Aradune but on the same pc?
  8. Magician9001 Augur

Rizlona was so successful they choose to make and overflow server instead of a boxer friendly second server. Just let that sink in. Then think about why they did that.
  9. Elite_raider Augur

One of the main things for the non toxic boxers is that with a boxing server they would not have to be constantly berated by the toxic Karandune players and driven away from the game.
    Zinth likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

it doesn't stop those sweatshop where they sit 50 people in the same room... with all of them boxing 2... while they earn like 10cent/hour...
  11. a_librarian Augur

The persecution complex on you guys never stops being funny to me
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are you suggesting that the people who don't think Aradune's 2 box limit goes far enough aren't extremely toxic to even the idea of a boxer?
  13. Elite_raider Augur

You are new to this forum huh?
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

That's quite a characterization.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

That has nothing to do with it. You can't have an "overflow server" with a different ruleset. At that point it's just a different server.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Gremin Augur

Rizlona is far from dead. We have 7 raid guilds that are mains not box guilds. Time was done in first week.
    Skuz and Vicus like this.
  17. Umul Augur

Truebox servers are the ones that lose the majority of players. Ragefire suffered phinny launching right in the middle of Kunark or whatever and still has a raid guild kicking hehe.

Boxing server with FV would be fun but as mentioned not many people who box groups are the reroll type.
  18. Vicus Augur

Aradune made DBG a lot of money.
    Rizlona made DBG a lot of money.

Rizlona caused a lot more CS requirements because of unattended game play tickets put in the first couple of months. This required more attention. A second boxing server is not in the cards because they can make just as much money with less workload for their CS team. With all the new rules for the mischief server...dropping a boxing server at the same time, would be a CS nightmare.

You want to box, Rizlona is the place to be. This server is not even close to dead no matter what some random person who doesn't play on the server says. There is yellow spam for bosses being defeated all night long.
  19. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Live servers, especially FV, have incredible catchup mechanics.

And you haven't needed AoC's to get instanced versions of almost every raid encounter in the last 18 years of raid content.
  20. Elite_raider Augur

I think you got that wrong, Aradune caused allot more forum posts and probably CS tickets then Rizlona ever did. So they could make allot more money with a new boxing server soaking up all the boxers who are not playing Rizlona atm with allot less bad press/forum posts by karanduners and less CS tickets if they let the non RMT boxing community get a server.

It would probably attracted allot more players then Mischief and the Truebox rules since there would be allot more raid items available cheaper in the bazaar over time.