Increase spell damage (1077) ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, May 1, 2021.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

What does this mean exactly? Other DDs on the site will say "decrease hit points". This just says "increase spell damage (1077). What does this mean?

Thanks
  2. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

[IMG] Flashfires Singe

Description
    1: Increase Spell Damage (1077)
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 359 per tick. Max: 359 per tick
    3: Limit: Min Casting Time (3.00 sec)
    4: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    7: Limit: Max Level(75) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    8: Limit: Minimum Mana Cost (10)
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 0
    Casting Time:
    Instant
    Recast Time: 0
    Fizzle Time:
    Resist: Fire
    Resist Adjust:
    Range: 200
    Time of Day: Any
    Max Hits:
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable:
    Yes
    Dispellable: No
    Interruptable:
    Yes
    Short Buff Box: Yes
    Target Type:
    Self
    Spell Type: Detrimental
    Source:
    Live 04/22
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Flashxxx line of spells has a recourse to it (the spell itself does damage to your target). The recourse (the singe) is a buff that stays on you. It will add to the damage of the next spell you cast and while the buff is on you, it acts like a dot decreasing your hit points.

If you click on the link in the spell description window, it pretty much tells you exactly what it is doing. I'm not sure where the confusion is ... I guess it's the way Alla is presenting the data for you.

P.S. raidloot.com usually has easier to understand spell descriptions

Flashburn (raidloot.com)
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

What I mean is it just adding 1077 damage to my next nuke total? Cause the way they would phrase it according to other spells it would say "decrease hitpoints". So, youre saying they are just wording it differently, and its just flat out 1077 damage on top of your next nuke? There is some stat im seeing on some items that increases spell damage in later expansions. So, I mean is spell damage a new stat introduced with TSS? Because this spell im looking at it a new spell being added with the TSS expansions which is coming out soon on Mangler. This is where im confused to wether it is a new "stat" called spell damage that acts differently then just a decrease in hitpoints.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's a SPA (v303 according to raid loot) that adds damage to the spell before the crit multipliers appear. So it's adding MORE than the value listed ... but yes, it's just an add to damage in the equation that calculates your total spell damage for a spell.

I have no idea when the actual stat Spell Damage starts appearing on gear (the one that appears on the stats tab). That stat is pretty much useless as it just adds a flat rate of damage to a spell cast after all calculations are done. It's always been pretty worthless and just continues to get worse as you get higher level.
  6. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Ok, awesome I appreciate it. Any idea about how much it does? Doesnt have to be anywhere near accurate, just to give me an idea? Thanks
  7. kizant Augur

Maybe think of it this way. Your next Ethereal Conflagration will do around 13.6% more damage.