Mischief - Can we just not open with classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skiidzmanx, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Skiidzmanx New Member

How many times has classic be done? Even current expansion content is trolling through the classic trio of material zones and mobs. At the bare minimum, for the love OF ALL HOLY GLOB, can we just have it open at Luclin or something?

Please?

Pretty please?

I hate snow.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It's 1 month with the first 1-2 weeks likely being very difficult to login consistently, the majority of the playerbase might not even reach 50 by the time Kunark opens.

We'll live.
    Lanffear, Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  3. Skiidzmanx New Member

1 month of classic, 2 months of Kunark, probably another 2-3 months of Velious...

That is almost going to be half a year of redundant overdone content. I know how to fix the issue you speak of above... more zones = more content = spread out players = less frog clap for all of us.

That is also 6 months of lets be honest, not very intriguing "mischiefy" drops.
  4. Skiidzmanx New Member

I'd love for them to put it up for a vote.. !
  5. Kutsuu Augur

I am not drawn to the early xpacs myself, but a lot of people are.

Maybe it's just about the nostalgia. (if you still get it after doing this several times)
    Maybe they love to level up in pickup groups socializing in group chat on topics like server stability, bot groups, need before greed, and kill stealers.
    Maybe they love the simplicity and state of class balance in early EQ (lol).

For whatever reason it is, there's always demand for more classic-starting TLPs. I'm a lot more excited about TSS on Mangler than about Mischief.
  6. Moranis Augur

My first vote would be for a Kunark start so I don't have to race-change my necro. If it makes a difference, I can just write you all a check for the $25 ahead of time.

A Luclin start would be my next preference - it opens up some classes to be more interesting, but unless they open at Luclin and leave it there for like 8 months, I would miss all the older content.

Lastly, a TSS start might be interesting just so that we can have a huge low-level population roaming around Crescent Reach. While I'm not a huge fan of the post-PoP game, I think this might be interesting.
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Even if they wanted to start TLP's in a later expansion pack, it's probably best not to do it with a new ruleset where they want to see how things go. It's a lot easier to deal with the issues around random loot if you're only dealing with a limited selection of named mobs right up front.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a later expansion pack launch on a TLP eventually, but the ruleset on it might be one conducive to a later start, whatever that may be.
  8. SunDrake Augur

Well, they've done at least two in recent years. Selo's started in Luclin, Miragul started in HoT? But yeah, they didn't get the ruleset right for Miragul. An HoT start shouldn't have had True Box, so it was DOA. [I know there is one guild there, heh]
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I didn't know Selo's started in Luclin, good to know. And I always forget about Miragul but I was gone for that launch also.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Selo had a Luclin start, you missed the boat?
  11. jeskola pheerie

The same amount of times that Kunark and Velious have been done...
  12. Skiidzmanx New Member

Ugly creature beneath my feets, me thinks you look good to eats?...

BRING OUT THE VOTEEEE
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Trust me, you don't want to poll the EQ community
    Bardy McFly, Laronk, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  14. Xeris Augur

if you dont want to start in classic just play one of the 348954894 servers that are not in classic right now :D
  15. TLP Addict Augur

I think most of us would love it just for the opportunity to level in Kunark zones instead of Unrest>Guk>Hole.

Can't see it happening though because too much $$ in exp pots and race change pots would be left on the table.
    MMOer likes this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Ideally, the best starting spot for a new TLP would be LoY, with berserkers, gnome SKs, ranger paladins, and wood elf beastlords enabled. I read somewhere that all the beastlord epic mobs and drops are all in LoY and earlier content, so activating those SHOULDN'T be an issue. And of course, berserkers would have to wait until GoD to get access to their epics.

But as has been said many times by the devs, it can't be done due to Technical Difficulties™.
  17. wade_watts Augur

Thank you for the suggestions. Denied.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Velious start would be nice. Just make it 4-6 months of the trilogy. Let me level up in crystal caverns and ToFS. Not gonna happen, but it'd be nice if those zones weren't always empty.
  19. MMOer Augur

Id love a Kunark start. Just take the 3 months and make it kunark
  20. Nolrog Augur

No probablys about it. It will be 2 months of Velious, After Kunark it goes to the 2 month (no level cap) 3 month level cap rule. Velious has no level cap increase, so it will be 2 months, as will Luclin.
    Skuz likes this.
  21. Skiidzmanx New Member

Yeap, that's my fear in general. I'm just so worn out of classic > Kunark > Velious content. I mean don't get me wrong, loved the original stuff its what I grew up on, but frankly EQ has so many middle tier xpacs I've never gotten the chance to see at full speed with population present.

I don't see the problem with releasing at Velious for 3 months and moving into Luclin, but I am just a drop in the bucket in terms of what folks enjoy.