Why cant we get......

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Apr 28, 2021.

1. ethyre Augur

All these TLPs turn into a race-to-the-top leet-loot zerg fest.

Everyone is max level by the time Kunark comes out or Velious and Luclin, etc. So all that good content is useless unless you make a new character and try to solo.

It would be nice to get a server with Original + Kunark + Velious with a slower XP rate so players could "grow up" in Kunark and Velious
  2. modsiw Augur

... a title that describes the post's content?

Excellent question. Wish I knew the answer.
    Nolrog, Skuz, Lejaun and 7 others like this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

Clickbait. Formerly a quirk of blog-ish pseudo-news organizations. Then adopted by real news organizations. Now a staple of online communication.

Clickbait tactics are used when people know the actual subject matter is minimal, unimportant, or tired.

OP, for example could have used the title "TLP Idea: Slow XP Rate through Velious", but knows that it won't attract many people because most people would hate that idea.
  4. Laronk Augur

The worst part is the "real" news orgs that do clickbait titles don't update the title later on when they find out it's wrong they just small edit the story and fix their false info with never posting a retraction.

Click bait titles + the race to be first is terrible.
    minimind likes this.
  5. ethyre Augur

Actually I figured since this is a discussion sub forum about TLP's that the general idea would be understood as TLP's. Like when you are sitting with your friend and they say "hey you know what I like?" That's not click bait - its a conversation. They could have just TOLD you what they liked, but its a way to engage people in a thoughtful conversation.

And thats not really clickbait anyway. Clickbait is usually a more targeted picture like a Youtube thumbnail that always focuses on sex or violence to get people to click the video.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You and maybe 3 other sado-masochists want crap XP

"trilogy" Launch (Classic+Kunark+Velious) isn't a bad idea for a later TLP maybe

Everyone else wants progression XP or better, we all saw how attractive Coirnav wasn't as it copied Phinigel in every detail and Phinigel put plenty of folks off with the slow XP it started with, alts were almost non-existent until later on when the XP was bumped up and since the people who enjoy alts are numerous there's rather a lot of support for faster XP.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Exactly my thought.