6 month Luclin start TLP then 2 month expansions afterwords

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jakuk, Apr 23, 2021.

1. GRACUS Lorekeeper

So I guess we cater to the 3 out of 20 guilds on a server and base everything off how fast they clear raid content. what a joke
  2. Ishbu Augur

As others said, 6 months of luclin would be awful. Nobody is missing the the idea of a luclin start in this, the people arguing that are just oblivious that many of us did a luclin start on Selo's and know exactly what we are talking about. Add in that Aradune/Rizlona are just wrapping up their 3 month luclin, nobody is missing anything.

6 months would be absolute torture to get through and not worth starting on. 99% of Kunark and Classic loot/quests are useless at that stage. Most of Velious gear is replaced as well, and with the recent enchanter nerf it should be pretty obvious a vast majority of people do not want to sit there grinding aa's in Velks/Griegs forever.
  3. GRACUS Lorekeeper

You cannot compare Selo's with a normal TLP server dude that was a special server where xp was insane and all it did was push people to max lvl and raid with short unlocks couldnt get everything done within that short time limit before moving to the next expansion, more to the game then just grinding AAs as well go experience stuff you've never seen/quests etc plenty of time to raid VT and get all the good cool stuff as well.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Its called balancing an equation which is taught by junior high in math classes. You can absolutely compare selo's speed XP to other servers.

If Selo's was 4x as fast as Aradune is, then 6 months is at least 3 months too long, but we know it wasn that much faster. Oh wait, Selo's actually didnt have the xp modifier working at the launch when a lot of people leveled up.

Leveling is not an issue at all.
  5. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Oh look at you, trying to take the intellectual high ground you snub egotistical individual.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3 out of 20?

Certainly on Phinigel it was WAY better

9/22 in-era cleared Classic
    13/23 in-era cleared Ruins of Kunark
    19/23 in-era cleared Scars of Velious
    20/22 in-era cleared Shadows of Luclin
    20/22 in-era cleared Planes of Power

Now of course Phinigel had individual expansion unlocks but it also had really slow XP in most of these expansions so 200% of Mangler's xp rate would be massively higher than what Phinigel had for these, so a server with that could way more easily over power the content with its guilds certainly with Luclin open day one so players have Spell Foci right off the bat and as soon as they pass level 50 access to the power granted by AA.
    GRACUS likes this.
  7. GRACUS Lorekeeper

yeah but here is the thing clearing Luclin can vary right? you can clear VT 2 weeks in or you can clear VT 1 week before PoP so many variables there. I would assume the vast majority of those guilds cleared VT only a couple weeks before PoP release.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

in-era is in-era
  9. MMOer Augur

Id like to start in KUNARK so we can level there. Maybe the next one start in Various and so forth.

All great ideas for yearly starts for the MEGA server
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think, based on the epic improvements recently made by GMs, the new server(s) will start no later than Velious and most likely in Kunark.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you want it to be what? enough time for every single guild to clear VT 4x? 10x? Full BiS for every main? The pace you seem to want to go would drive so many players away from being bored out of their mind, there is a reason alot ask for 2 month unlocks vs 3.
  12. GRACUS Lorekeeper

2 months is fine but xp should be boosted or something so others can stop focusing on grinding and can do other things
  13. TheDohn Augur

If you need 6 months to experience Luclin, I absolutely agree this game was never a competition for you.
  14. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Thank you. That is my point. I know a lot of people love that competitive game environment, but a lot do not. So I suggest we should find some happy medium.
  15. Triconix Augur

I always find the contradictory posts/replies of these forums immensely humorous. Based on the posts, if the population had it's way, we would have a new TLP server by now. That means in a 12 month period, these people would have no less than 5 months of classic/kunark/velious/. However, people will claim that 3+ unlocks are way too long....uhhhh what? You want fast unlocks but yearly TLPs? All that means if you want the same exact content for the same amount of time people are asking for, but only bookended in a year time frame rather than just 3-6 solid months of it.

Is there really any difference doing 3 months of luclin between feb-april of 2021 then just doing luclin again just 8 months later if a new TLP released this month? All you did was do 3+2 months of the same expansion within a calendar year! Oh but 6 months straight of Luclin is too much. I'd much rather do it for 3 months, wait half a year and do it again for 3 months. Because that makes so much sense /s
  16. Iyacc Augur

As leader of a guild that moved from Selo to Mangler a few weeks before PoP opened - you could definitely farm all kinds of stuff for the people wanting to play those expacs.

It's also definitely possible to go into PoP almost naked. We spent 4 weeks getting over the rush of Selo and just screwing around and then started raiding seriously when PoP opened. We did a few Kael raids and a few Luclin raids in the leadup to PoP but did no keys in earlier content before PoP. Going into PoP practically naked of raid gear, we were still in EP before some of the other longer term Mangler guilds and into Time within a few weeks after that. We didn't compete with the open world racing guilds of course but it didn't take us very long to be raiding EP gods on DZ lockout.

6 months of classic to luclin sounds like fun but it's not really necessary.