Gimme an OOW lock TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Xeris Augur

That is all. Locked at omens. If we wanna make it even better, start it at Kunark/Velious!

In all seriousness... Hope it's a good TLP, whatever the announcement is.
    Faydra likes this.
  2. Alyxi New Member

I would give that a shot
    Faydra likes this.
  3. Faydra Augur

Would actually be my #1 choice as well.
  4. Haldi Elder

I would do this, only if there is an option to transfer off of this TLP to another TLP when that TLP is in DoN or later. I do not want a repeat of Agnaar that is a ghost town
  5. Protagonist Tank

If you're going to 70, lock at PoR.
    code-zero, Alekyne and Faydra like this.
  6. Haldi Elder

DPG should learn from Agnaar that people want to be able to transfer off eventually to a more populated TLP so keep it locked but allow for transfers to other TLPs not just LIVE servers
  7. Xeris Augur

It's not about them not knowing that it's about it not being possible based on how transfers work.

Doesn't change anything tho, since there's a big demand, they should change how transfers work to make these things possible.
  8. Kinlin Lorekeeper

The beauty of Agnarr is that you never get left behind and you get to explore off the beaten path without having to push to keep up. Take a few months break, come back and you're fine, explore all the different classes as much as you want. I would be down for a OOW/LVL 70 locked server because I would love to do epics 1.5s and 2.0s again
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Are you sure you aren't confusing server transfers with account-to-account transfers? Server transfer rules are based on company decisions, not technology.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Any locked server is destined to be a ghost town. Agnarr has proven that this concept does not work.
  11. Xeris Augur

You could be right, but I thought I read somewhere that they said they couldn't do something like 'open xfer to certain servers at certain points of time.' I guess it could be a decision vs. a technical limitation! I don't remember exactly where I read this.
  12. Xeris Augur

Hmm, Agnarr's not a ghost town, lol. Miragul is a ghost town. There's 4 active raiding guilds on Agnarr, plus a small number of non raiding guilds. ;p
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The permissions for which servers may transfer off and to what other servers they are allowed to transfer to is a manual thing, the devs have to add by hand, its not a system they have automated, and they have to take all the servers down to change it.
  14. Xeris Augur

Ah right! That is what they said. It feels like, they should make a better process for doing this that doesn't require them to take down whole servers :D
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

they likely do not want to have any automation on it, especially if its the thing that prevents fv accounts moving off for example, imagine a bug getting in there opening up transfers off fv - would potentially be irreversible damage to the economies of other servers.
  16. Havik New Member

I don’t see why they can’t launch this with Mischief. A lot of people don’t want to play past DoN. This way get all classes unlocked.