Mangler 2.0 200% xp 3 month unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

Title says it all give us faster xp so we can make alts etc and enjoy playing 4-6 hours a day and capping AA right around the release of the next expansion.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Fast xp mean much few xp pot sales, so probably not a lot of desire (for them) to release something like that.
  3. Soulsiphon Elder

Fast xp means less Rmters selling plvls. And means more grouping. People will still buy pots compounding with the server xp. the short unlocks is why people need more than just regular xp. Gives them a chance to actually be productive in real life vs spending countless hours grinding AA to which very few are capped by the next expansion release. The ones who are capped are litterally treating EQ as a full time job with 60 hours of mandatory overtime a week.
  4. Zapsos Augur

You know you don't *have* to max AA right?
  5. Soulsiphon Elder

We all understand that you don't. But in the past we had a full year to max AA where as now, we are getting 2 to 3 months .
  6. Zinth Augur

not understood? ;-)
  7. Iyacc Augur

3 month unlocks is too long for most expansions for anyone who plays much. If you're the journey mindset instead of the destination mindset then it really shouldn't matter how quick unlocks are - just take your time and enjoy the ride, right?

Longer unlocks increase the drop off of each expac due to boredom and lack of things to keep people's attention after so many repetitive clears of the same raids/dungeons/missions/etc..
    topple likes this.
  8. Barder-mangler Augur

I am good with whatever % experience modifier, but 3 month unlocks....yuck, way too long. Thanks to Selo's we know that 4 weeks is a bit too fast, and 3 months is clearly too long. Can we settle on 8 weeks?
  9. Karanthal Augur

Im playing on mangler atm, 3-4 times a week with ~70% of that time being raids. The only time XP feels like a real slog is the 50-60 range in kunark. The 70 range probably has too few AAs to keep people playing.

For me the mangler xp rate is about right to keep up. I dont have time for side quests like BiC though which would be nice it's either raid or XP from Luclin through to Dodh.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On a faster unlock server I think ALTs - at least ones on the same account are just a burden eventually.
    The faster the server is the less I enjoyed the additional load of developing alts and I eventually decided to only work on a 3 character, 3 account "team" to box with outside of progression groups. I actually wish I had wasted less time on alts and focused more on my main & my main boxes.

Even with faster level & AA xp that's by itself not going to be enough long-term to make having alts on the same account as your main on a fast unlock server all that attractive in my experience - early on in the expansions it's not too bad - after level 80 when the Mercenary/Partisan/Heroic questing through achievements structure kicks in keeping a main fully "progressed" becomes a lot more involved and linear ergo so does having alts that are fully developed, repeating all of the Mercenary/Partisan & Heroic tasks for a bunch of alts after completing them on mains gets to feel really tedious.

There is much more to the game than levels & AA as you get deeper into the expansions, there are the achievements which grant Heroic AA, the ones that grant unique items/mounts/trophies/clickies etc all become part of the "menu" of things you want to complete during an expansion rather than after a new one opens. Add all that up and having alts repeat all that content later on will get to be a real drag & lead to some pretty spectacular burnout trying to keep them in a similar state as a main in my opinion.
    even the 12/8 cadence unlock is too fast unless you basically play 24/7 in the later expansions.

Once I move to a live server the ALT thing might become much more attractive when I have 12 months between expansions to do things in, but I think alts are seriously over-rated on a TLP - boxes or alts on different accounts that you can play simultaneously / together with your main to support the main through the game I can totally see the worth of having.
  11. TheDohn Augur

Why in gods name would you want 90 days of expansions when you're cutting the time to do everything from 2 weeks to 1 week.
  12. GRACUS Lorekeeper

the people who are getting everything done in half the time are the ones who have no life, sorry to state it like that but that is basically the truth, it is designed for people who treat EQ as a full time job. alot of players can't afford to play more than a few hours a day. but yeah I see if you are hard core, your can be done with it all the expansion has to offer within a couple weeks
  13. TheDohn Augur

If you're playing a few hours PER DAY and not seeing all of every zone, mob, and drop in an expansion, you're doing something incredibly weird to waste 80% of those hours.
  14. GRACUS Lorekeeper

You must know the secret to doing all that. please enlighten us on how 3 hours a day can see every drop in an expansion? or maybe every quest? please I want to know.