Load times faster?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

It sure seems to me that the load time from the moment I click LaunchPad is WAY faster. Anyone else notice this?

I would love to know the before and after hardware specs of the new servers.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dude, I want some of what your smokin:D

Are you sure your in EQ? What new servers?
    Moege and Duder like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It could be that there are simply less people logged in right now because the servers were down for a day, and not contributing to the network load of the servers.
    Fenthen and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is the correct answer.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I assume he means the ones that host the game. In my case, I have seen no change...yet.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Load and zone time often appear to be better right after down time, they quickly return to garbage a day or two later.
    Leerah and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

The first time I log in after a patch (not necessarily RIGHT after the patch finishes; sometimes a day later), all three of my accounts load in super, super fast.

However, the next time I log in, all three are right back to the crappy, crappy load times.
  8. kimbotta Lorekeeper

it doesn't work like your home computer. You buy an amount of "compute power" or the amount of resources the server will devote to your tasks. When you reach you max level of compute you start to see issues.
  9. Cadman Elder

There are no new game servers